125th Aniversary Dinner (the worlds oldest Rugby Referees Society)

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
125th Aniversary Dinner (the worlds oldest Rugby Referees Society - apparently London will argue otherwise, but we have the minutes to prove it :wink: )

Some time ago I mentioned that SRRS would be having a Dinner to celebrate their 125th Anniversary, well the date and venue has finally been set. Bridgwater RFC on Thursday 18th September (the exact date of the first meeting, but not the venue, that's now offices!)

It was suggested that maybe we could put together a RR.com table, so is there enough interest?

look forward to hearing from you.

The BFG (Wayne)

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
125th Aniversary Dinner (the worlds oldest Rugby Referees Society - apparently London will argue otherwise, but we have the minutes to prove it :wink: )

Some time ago I mentioned that SRRS would be having a Dinner to celebrate their 125th Anniversary, well the date and venue has finally been set. Bridgwater RFC on Thursday 18th September (the exact date of the first meeting, but not the venue, that's now offices!)

It was suggested that maybe we could put together a RR.com table, so is there enough interest?

look forward to hearing from you.

The BFG (Wayne)

W

In my diary, no overseas trips that week, count me in.

Simon

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Will Mrs ST be the driver?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Is there any accommodation available?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Definitely interested. In diary.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
If there is a B&B within taxi distance then I am in............subject to any restrictions from any new job I may get.

:eek:fftopic: short listed for two jobs this week. One short list of 3 and one of 2. Fingers crossed.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
If there is a B&B within taxi distance then I am in............subject to any restrictions from any new job I may get.

:eek:fftopic: short listed for two jobs this week. One short list of 3 and one of 2. Fingers crossed.

Phil you come across as the kind of man who makes things happen, you are going to be an asset to any organisation, it won't be long at all till you're back in harness... probably even this week!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
It will be a "partners event" too for those that want to bring "the other half".

I need to let people know about numbers and believe it or not what you'd like to eat? Once I get final numbers sorted I can email you a menu for you to choose from.

anymore takers????

Good Luck PhilE on the interviews!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Have to confirm table ASAP, so just ST and OB?

Are you guys bringing your good (or bad) ladies?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Have to confirm table ASAP, so just ST and OB?

Are you guys bringing your good (or bad) ladies?
Bother. Gazumped, I'm afraid, by higher authority. Hope it goes well.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
just to back up our claim

clarence.jpg

history1.gif

history2.jpg

I can't make out the handwriting, maybe someone else would like a go at it?

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I can't make out the handwriting, maybe someone else would like a go at it?

Motion further proposed by Mr Moffatt, seconded by Mr ________ of (Carried) that the County should form a Referees Association on somewhat similar lines to those stated on the __________ of (bungled Carried?).

Lastly, it was proposed by Mr Hancock, seconded by Mr (Mormyphing?) that the referees committee be selected consisting of Messrs Bryant, Barnes, S.C. Smith & _____________ (probably Lord Simon Thomas of Alton) to consider the best means of starting this association & to draw up rules (Laws, surely) for the guidance of the same - Carried.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
is it
that the County should form a Referees Association on somewhat similar lines to those started in the hearte of England

hearte? North ? rest ?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
my version

Motion further proposed by Mr Moffatt, seconded by Mr ________ a& carried that the County should form a Referees Association on somewhat similar lines to those started in the __________ of England - carried

Lastly, it was proposed by Mr Hancock, seconded by Mr (Mormyphing?) that the referees committee be selected consisting of Messrs Bryant, Barnes, S.C. Smith & _____________ to consider the best means of starting this association & to draw up rules for the guidance of the same - Carried

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
is it
that the County should form a Referees Association on somewhat similar lines to those started in the hearte of England

hearte? North ? rest ?
I like it! Not least because it gives the lie to the parenthetical title of this thread. Step up LLP and claim your county's status.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think it was

that the County should form a Referees Association on somewhat similar lines to those started in the heart of England

meaning - of course -------- London !
so we were there first :wink:

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
my version

Oooops , a Bit of an own goal if, the evidence you produced to support a claim actually seems to add weight to anothers claim !

Is it too late for a dinner refund, ie.... tickets sold under a misrepresentation ? Lol.