6 Nations review.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Perhaps it's too much responsibility to be #10 and captain

Better to have a real playmaker at 10 and a steadying hand captain in the forwards or at centre.

Cipriani at 10, Farrell at 12 captain

nhughes

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I enjoyed the 6 Nations overall although Ireland were so frustrating to watch a lot of the time, it just seemed it was plan a with no plan b. I'm not sure if this is other teams shutting Ireland down or if the long list of injuries just meant they weren't firing on all cylinders. With so much analysis in the game today it stands to reason that Ireland got noticed a lot last year and have been getting the video analyst treatment. Case in point, Jacob Stockdale - last year pretty much unstoppable, 6N player of the tournament, this year barely a sniff. Sexton is a great player when things are going his way but when they're not he starts arguing with everyone, including himself. None of this withstanding Ireland made so many basic errors on Saturday and gifted Wales the win, 8 penalties in the first half is just shocking for a team that prided itself on a low penalty count. Japan and Scotland must be targeting wins against Ireland now in the World cup.

Scotland have something and like Ireland end up beating themselves but when they clicked on Saturday they really clicked.

Wales solid if not spectacular, really impressed with Anscombe, Biggar and Navidi.

Italy must be so frustrating for the management to watch, again the basics let them down, I think everyone was rooting for them to beat France. They're 20 years in the 6 Nations now, if relegation is brought in you would have to give the promoted team at least 2 or 3 years otherwise it will become musical chairs.

France are a product of their league, too much club influence and imports at the expense of the national team.

England were very good at times, awful at others. Lots of good players although Eddie Jones needs to remember not to say everything that comes into his head.

Anyway a long way to the World Cup which is good news for some, not me I have my flight booked since last October but at least we're under the 200 days to go barrier.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Italy have a set of backs to de for - but their pack has gone backwards. It is also time for Parisse to make way - he is a shadow of his former self and WADR to his acheivements over the years is part of the problem at the moment.