[Law] Acceptable frustration or sending off?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
The plot thickens .. so in both cases it is the away team being favoured

So it's not a club ref .. away teams don't get to bring their own ref

The proposition is that it's a society ref being appointed to two games in quick succession with the same away team , toward whom he is so biased that he has issued three RC to opponents in a few weeks

I can say one thing .. three disputed RC in two games, involving the same club, and the same ref definitely would not go unnoticed by the society !

at the same time my BS meter is pinging. I suspect some Chinese whispers here ..

Last edited:

Arabcheif

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
cr lol, TBF, I wasn't at the 2nd game in question and only read what was on the 2nd game's home team match report. The RC in that game may we have been justified. I also wasn't party to the conversation the ref has had with the 2RCs from the 1st match. So they may well have been issued for reason other than the actual offences.

Looking from where I was (approx halfway up the pitch), they looked like they were for the offences. I did hear "Nick Roll" from the player who was red carded 1st. In no way was there a neck roll, as I said a high tackle that started at the shoulders and slid up to the neck, tackle was slightly from behind and the tackler was shrugged off.

2nd RC, as I said this one was silly. I can understand more why the ref gave a red for this one. The from what the player said as he walked passed me (to someone standing fairly close to me), that he'd been shown a red as he was also a ref and should've known better stuck with me.

To be clear, I don't think the RC were as a result of bias, just incompetence. I felt at the time that the game was being reffed in the favour of one of the teams. If the ref was just generally incompetent then they'd miss things from both teams, but the ref was pulling up the home team for things that the away team were getting away with. And this was from about 2 mins after I arrived. I saw 2 high tackles in quick succession (on the home team) and a borderline high tackle (on the away team) and the 3rd tackle was the only one penalised.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I don't doubt you saw a very unusual game of rugby !

Bias almost always concerns the home team, when the home team has supplied the ref and the ref is consciously or unconsciously either too soft, or too harsh on that team . (You would be surprised how often refs here cheerfully announce they are too harsh on their own club, not perceiving that as bias!)

Away teams you get at random .

Last edited:

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Keep your kilt on... your post has moved in 2 other directions since a week ago. I wasnt having a crack at you or making any accusations about you.. Pick up the conversation at post #40 where subject is currently heading.

sorry, but touchy when it comes to any allegations of bias. I’ll try and keep up as well (it’s like my games, I’m always a few yards behind.....)