Anyone see the cricket?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I think you will struggle for an answer Fat. Those living within the boundaries of the EWCB will either have their heads in their hands, or will still be hung-over from the drowning of their sorrows.

It will be a considerable source of amusement to L'Irlandais et al who hail from the Emerald Isles, that Ireland are still in it while England are on their way home.

This odd thing for me watching last night was that I started off thinking this could be an upset, and then realising at the end, that it wasn't!!!

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I think Lord Boycott of Fitzwilliam sums it up with a lot fewer expletives than most would be tempted to use.

Shit crickeeet!

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Well I for one enjoyed it. Nothing like seeing England (EWCB is a lie otherwise the team would be England and Wales) stuffed and on the way home early.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Bangladesh did well to avoid an upset

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
ECB = England and Wales Cricket Board. One of the minnows of One Day international cricket.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
This thread is far too short....there is so much material we could heap Englund.

They have gone awfully quiet since 3 ashes series ago....such a distant memory now!

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I made this today to deal with the amount of slack I was getting from mates. Seems to sum up my feelings well.
11038122_10153086806473116_2561878664413981769_n.jpg

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I blame the security services, they need to do more to stop radicalised young Englishmen going abroad to play cricket.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I blame the security services, they need to do more to stop radicalised young Englishmen going abroad to play cricket.

Englishmen!!! **Cough, splutter**, Andrew Strauss, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Ian Trott, Owais Shah, ***cough, splutter***

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
This odd thing for me watching last night was that I started off thinking this could be an upset, and then realising at the end, that it wasn't!!!

IIRC Bangladesh have won 3 out of their last 4 encounters against England now.

England have had this coming for YEARS now. It is certainly years since they have had any semblance of an iota of a scooby about hpow to win a 50 over cricket game. I rarely go for wholescale sackings but its got so bad now surely it is the only way.

Get rid of Downton and everyone south of him, appoint new positions and ditch the old, tried and tested and start with clean sheet and 15 x 20 year olds. with s team that can qualify for the quarter finals, eight years for semifinalists.

KP does not feature in this still - this is about new brooms sweeping cleanest.

The test side is not far off a similar fate - one year (14 tests) to prove themselves capable of still being selectable/employed. NB : 50 years ago 14 tests may well have been one reasonble but not outstanding test player's career!

didds

Last edited:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
ECB = England and Wales Cricket Board.

And therein liees the reason I'll never support them

E BLANK C B is the England Cricket Board. No interest in Welsh Cricket from them at all. Just lip service. Glad to see them stuffed!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Re:
I think you will struggle for an answer Fat. Those living within the boundaries of the EWCB will either have their heads in their hands, or will still be hung-over from the drowning of their sorrows.

It will be a considerable source of amusement to L'Irlandais et al who hail from the Emerald Isles, that Ireland are still in it while England are on their way home.

An odder observation is, had other members of RR.com ( or me! ) posted similarly worded 'proddings' at any failings of the teams that the poster supports then they would be painted by this writer as a troll or a nationalistic bad guy or a cad of the highest order ....

Such banterish poking! Who cares, indeed I'm happy to laugh at England's failings and both welcome the goading associated with the lowly performance, long may humour attach itself to sport I say ...

Just wait to see what happens at RWC15 if the chokers exit

But the hypocrissy/ double standard is well and truely noted and now highlighted.

Now watch this post get Mod deleted. Lol.

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
What is this Cricket of which you speak?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Re:

An odder observation is, had other members of RR.com ( or me! ) posted similarly worded 'proddings' at any failings of the teams that the poster supports then they would be painted by this writer as a troll or a nationalistic bad guy or a cad of the highest order ....

Such banterish poking! Who cares, indeed I'm happy to laugh at England's failings and both welcome the goading associated with the lowly performance, long may humour attach itself to sport I say ...

Just wait to see what happens at RWC15 if the chokers exit

But the hypocrissy/ double standard is well and truely noted and now highlighted.

Now watch this post get Mod deleted. Lol.

Browner, you point is well made and duly noted. Do you know the difference between your cricket team and a teabag? The teabag stays in the cup longer.

Now less than 200 sleeps until RWC2015 :pepper:

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Cricket is a summer sport right? Winter has just finished...

Shelflife

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Interesting that they are going to reduce the numbers for the next WC, of course all the "big teams" will qualify automatically and the "minnows" will have to qualify for a reduced number of places.

Brilliant plan to spread the game. Its tournaments like this that pique the interest of people in countries like Ireland to try the game. Huge publicity over here on the back of this tournament.