Cody Takes The Plunge

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just had my appointments sheet through for this weekend. Elmbridge Eagles v Eastern Rhinos U14, referee Cody Cuxmann.

Ecoutez et repetez!

"One. MOOOOOOVE! Hold. Hoooooold! Go."
"Two! MOOOOOOOOOVE! Hooooold. Go!"

x~100

Bring some throat lozenges.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Do you happen to have any videos of grassroots refs miked up?

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
thank horus...maybe he will quit union and stop his embarrassing blog....

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
OH no, that won't happen. You don't have to worry, I still have my favorite and that's union.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
One upon a time, switching codes was a hangin' offence!!!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Cody - I think it is a good idea , and will add experience & different perspectives for you.

I have always encouraged our members to referee League OUTSIDE the main Union season, on the understanding that their priority availability is to their Union Society. As long as LSRURS knows what you are doing and when all should be well - just make sure you communicate early.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think you'd benefit from refereeing a more similar sport - RL, it's like chalk and cheese :wink:

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Cody - I think it is a good idea , and will add experience & different perspectives for you.

I have always encouraged our members to referee League OUTSIDE the main Union season, on the understanding that their priority availability is to their Union Society. As long as LSRURS knows what you are doing and when all should be well - just make sure you communicate early.

They do know that union is the priority (along with school in terms of midweek), but as I was asked if I'd like the week off after it went down, why not take it and try another sport for fitness. So it should be fun.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Crossref -

....... oh, it's probabaly not worth it.

But the Laws are substantially different, which gives to a different game.

Have bit of chalk sauce over your cauliflower. It's boring, tastless and sticks in your throat - just like RL

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
However, I feel that the enjoyment, I can gain by doing this instead of a training session is worth more. If my workout from a game isn't enough then I can always do more, but I feel that the management that could be gained from the game is worth it.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Do you happen to have any videos of grassroots refs miked up?

Have a look at Mr (John) Holdsworth of Kippax doing Warrington v Wigan in the USA 1990 ish. That's always good for some RL management pointers. :biggrin:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
if any of you are there to see him take "the plunge" do your best to hold him under and end our misery....or at a minimum please nick his passport...

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Good luck to you Cody, a great opportunity to broaden your horizons.