Delon Armitage - should've gone to Specsavers

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Are you honestly asking which part of a post containing the phrase "'speshul' spectrum" I found distasteful??
Wow.

I read it as obviously lacking in nous. Something we all suffer from . . . in varying degrees, of course, . . . I hasten to add.:hap:

Hardly a reason for not mentioning on this forum, surely?

Be interested to know if players are aware of your interesting info' , please, Jacko.

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
No thanks, we don't like the Lizard area much. She is looking at two in Marazion today, after staying in Mousehole at the Coastguard last night.
Porthleven could be interesting - send me a PM with the details please.

I am on the 17:05 from Paddington, so in Bodmin for 21:00 ish this evening. We will be in Sennen tomorow afternoon seeing her family.

A Hampshire house
A French house
And now a Cornwall house

You've got more houses than I've got suits! : wow: :biggrin:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Are you honestly asking which part of a post containing the phrase "'speshul' spectrum" I found distasteful??
Wow.
Without wishing to comment in any way upon your distaste for the phrase, can I ask what it was about it that drew the distaste? Was it the deliberate and calculated mis-spelling of Special, or the use of any form of the phrase itself? If the latter, has the term "special needs" itself become abusive rather than descriptive? A bit like "coloured", which was the preferred term for people of Afro-Caribbean origin for several decades, after which the fashion changed to the current Black. I'm out of touch with current educational and psychological thinking in this area.

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
No thanks, we don't like the Lizard area much. She is looking at two in Marazion today, after staying in Mousehole at the Coastguard last night.
Porthleven could be interesting - send me a PM with the details please.

I am on the 17:05 from Paddington, so in Bodmin for 21:00 ish this evening. We will be in Sennen tomorow afternoon seeing her family.

The Lizard peninsula is a magic land, Simon, strictly for discerning persons of quiet taste; and certainly nothing like the over publicised razz m' razz areas of Lands' End and Padstein. :hap:.

I won't bother you with the Porthleven property; it's an opportunist development not in the desirable harbour or cliff-side areas.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Was it the deliberate and calculated mis-spelling of Special,

Yes, used in this way it not only mocked Armitage but also anyone with mental health problems.

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Yes, used in this way it not only mocked Armitage but also anyone with mental health problems.

But you chose to consider it a mental health prob'. Why?

He could be just thick or, as I innocently but politely thought, lacking a degree of nous.:hap:

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
. . . a right decision the commentator remarked after having watched it in slo-mo !!!??

Isn't this a classic example when the ref, without benefit of replay, should YC the player to get him off the pitch then signal the officials to decide on a RC option in the intervening 10 mins?

I know I'll regret this.

Which officials?

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Be interested to know if players are aware of your interesting info' , please, Jacko.
From my experience most players know that after X yellow cards they'll have to have a hearing. Recognize that a lot of Yellow Cards at the Champ/Prem level are for Intentionally Offending or Repeated Infringements, so a lot of the hearings are benign. It's the fella that has 3 YCs for dangerous play that might be a bit hot under the collar.

But you chose to consider it a mental health prob'. Why? He could be just thick or, as I innocently but politely thought, lacking a degree of nous.:hap:

Not when you write it that way. I take to to mean a "Special Needs" individual, and even that term isnt really accepted anymore (use words like "mental illness" or "learning disability"). This comment in particular isnt something to joke about. Being "thick" could be down to learning difficulties / disabilities over just being inherently lazy or just using poor judgment (I think Armitage falls into the latter category, along with Grewcock).

It could be a generational thing, but I would never use the term "special" (especially those who say it in a voice that makes fun of kids with Down Syndrome) to describe any person. It probably doesnt hit the same note for me as Jacko, but I fully empathize with his position. With my moderator hat on: A bit more decorum here please, folks! Thanks in advance!