didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I like baked beans on toast.

didds

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
.......anyone beyond a radius of 5 miles of Northampton who thinks this bloke is anything but a liability in a White Shirt?

.......against the ABs when he was the instigator of Coles lashing out with his foot.

........Personally I'd throw in my lot with Webber and Youngs

He's played 64 times for England & has how many RC's ?

As long as he sticks to instigating and not retaliating then he'll probably continue to avoid RC's , as many often seem to.

Neither of those players are 'saints' , indeed only 8mths ago Young's instigated a Northampton reaction to bring a RC result ... See http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-p8EWE3XmBI

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
[QUOTE 290016] England does not need him.[/QUOTE]

Please note, I'm referring to this comment, not replying directly to the commentor.

I tend to smile (knowingly). at suggestions made by the supporters of teams (drawn in the same RWC group ) on who their opponents should deselect from their squad.

Analysis comparisons.

A cursory glance down the list of RC issued in the Premiership, sees the top 11 positions ( ie 2 or more cards) occupied by 10 forwards with lord Banahan the sole hairbrush owner, which I suggest is what most readers would expect given the job spec involved.

PlayerPosSpanMatStartSubYCRC
JM White (Brist/Leics/Sarac)P1999-20121641343075
GS Archer (Brist/Newc)L,N81997-20041211183142
MA Banahan (Bath)W2007-2014122116642
ME Corry (Leics)L,BR1997-20091811661562
CP Fortey (Glouc/Worcs)H1997-20122191299072
JL Hamilton (Glouc/Leics/Sarac)L2003-201489642572
DM Hartley (Nthmp)H2005-2014111931892
DJ Paice (Irish)H2004-201415310647152
LS Quinnell (Rich)N81997-19982323012
SC Turner (Roth/Sale)P2000-2009162976532
TA Wood (Nthmp/Worcs)F2007-2014108951382
http://stats.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/records/player/most_red_cards.html?id=65;type=trophy

Last edited:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Please note, I'm referring to this comment, not replying directly to the commentor.

Pegleg said:
...England does not need him.
(you of course in the quote did not identify me) however you add the clear identifier thus:

I tend to smile (knowingly). at suggestions made by the supporters of teams (drawn in the same RWC group ) on who their opponents should deselect from their squad.

Browner read the thread. Count how many ENGLISH posters feel that Hartley is a liability and then stop playing the nationalistic card.

Clearly you ARE referring to the poster. You've been warned to stay on the topic. Yet you continue to pathetically goad and play the man. Well I'll not stand back and let you get away with it.

Last edited:

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Can we calm down guys. It's bloody port and cheese season.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Why? I'm not standing back and letting this fool act this way. If Admin want to lock the thread or take any other action they may. But I'll not have this man misrepresent me.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Have I said "I like turtles!" yet?

Here's an interesting fact: did you know the "ignore list" is an amazing feature on this site!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
So this lorry full of tortoises collided with a van full of terrapins. It was a turtle disaster.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Have you guys tried the ignore button? Its an amazing bit of kit, early on i realised amongst the myriad gold nuggets on this website there were a few piles of pooh so set about sweeping them off my radar. It is an easy filter, first off anyone who speaks differently on the forum to how they would speak face to face, then the few who kept using "surely"and "obviously" and finally the logic leapers. Initially i ended up with just Simon Thomas (and his recent reaction to Taffy did have my finger hovering over the ignore button till i realised the missive in question was probably penned by his butler as ST was out of wifi range on his tropical island) so i had to ease off a bit. Anyway to cut a long story short i have achieved a sort of rugby Nirvana now and would commend this to fellow posters. Amazingly the ignore list is staggeringly short....most of what happens on this site is excellent.

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Hartley has an excellent record for England, and there isnt much evidence in his 64 appearances that he cant confine his physical style to 'not retaliating' then he is a good selection IMO.

It could actually be argued that his value increases IF he contributes to opponents not concentrating on 'their' personal controls.

Many club players seem to gain additional personal control powers as soon as they pull on an England Shirt & to offer a mere (albeit high profile historical comparison) example Martin Johnson didn't exactly tiptoe through a club incident free career did he...... yet most accept he also had a "value" for his country's rugby cause.

However, IF DH let's us down WHILST wearing a rose, then I'm signing the petition to banish him to some rugby backwater forever ... 'England expects' Dylan.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... The Times has a different take ....reasoning apparently being that the elbow struck while Hartley was trying to free himself from Matt Smith's grasp. Anyone who's seen the clip care to comment?
That's what I thought when I saw it on the news. I don't think he could see the opponent when the incident happened, as another opponent was holding him down. Reckless? Probably. Deliberate? I doubt it.

Personally, I would have given a :noyc: instead of a :norc:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Why should we have to use the "ignore" button. Browner often posts valuable stuff. however he makes an accusation based of nationality. Several ENGLISH posters have said that Hartley is a liability yet he does not accuse them of having some "agenda" Of course they may be anti - Northampton. Who knows. Personally I'm anti Thug. When I used to support my local club (now a "region") I wrote several times to the club to express my displeasure at the possible signing of players I considered thugs. I just don't tolerate on the field when I ref and don't like to watch them "representing me". That is not anti-English.

Browner make accusations and then says: "come on boys it's only Banter". Sorry but I don't see it that way. Browner / and everyone else can post anything they like (That is freedom of speech ) I objected to one of his posts being edited by a moderator. However When he makes scurrilous accusations he must expect to be called on it.

So no I'll not use the ignore button. Of course those suggesting its use could heed their own advise.

Last edited:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
That's what I thought when I saw it on the news. I don't think he could see the opponent when the incident happened, as another opponent was holding him down. Reckless? Probably. Deliberate? I doubt it.

Personally, I would have given a :noyc: instead of a :norc:

It was clearly deliberate. As is often said. Little happens in the pro game by accident.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Initially i ended up with just Simon Thomas

What fun that must have been. Although, if I'm on your ignore list you won't be reading this anyway.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
You were all warned in post 40 to cut it out.........and I'm not talking about the turtles :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.