Not open for further replies.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Sent off again. See here

dylan_hartley.jpg

I am at work so can't upload the Youtube clip.

Anyway. I was disappointed Jim Mallinder came out with his DH plays to edge nonsense however I appreciate we now live in a world where papers expect a comment and that sort of Fergusonesque bollocks is par for the course.

That aside is there anyone beyond a radius of 5 miles of Northampton who thinks this bloke is anything but a liability in a White Shirt?

He just doesn't seem to learn.

Sent off in the Premiership Final his petulant behaviour carried on into the AIs against the ABs when he was the instigator of Coles lashing out with his foot.

The fact he's the Saints Captain just doesn't seem to bother him or Mallinder. I suspect it's tolerated because they keep winning - generally.

Personally I'd throw in my lot with Webber and Youngs (insert Hookers of choice) and get shut. I struggle to see what England gain with him at #2 but I can see what they stand to lose if he has one of his brain farts at a crucial stage of the 6N or worse the RWC.

At least he didn't call JPD a "f*c£ing cheat"! :biggrin:

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
he really is going for a full house of offences. He has now been RC for
- gouging
- biting
- punching
- referee abuse
- elbow

He had a good go at adding stamping last monht, but only managed a YC.

only really tip-tackling left, I think.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
he really is going for a full house of offences. He has now been RC for
- gouging
- biting being fish-hooked (and he wasn't red-carded, but cited)
- punching
- referee abuse
- elbow

He had a good go at adding stamping last monht, but only managed a YC.

only really tip-tackling left, I think.

Slight change above.

On the latest, Stuart Barnes (I know, I know) in The Times has a different take; that Doyle didn't want to go beyond a YC, but the TMO insisted and he caved in. Barnes's/Doyle's reasoning apparently being that the elbow struck while Hartley was trying to free himself from Matt Smith's grasp. Anyone who's seen the clip care to comment?

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The rumours are that Stuart Lancaster had him on probation after his last ban. If true I can't see him ever pulling on an England shirt again.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Rob it's a blatant elbowe. The idiot!

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Slight change above.

On the latest, Stuart Barnes (I know, I know) in The Times has a different take; that Doyle didn't want to go beyond a YC, but the TMO insisted and he caved in. Barnes's/Doyle's reasoning apparently being that the elbow struck while Hartley was trying to free himself from Matt Smith's grasp. Anyone who's seen the clip care to comment?

deliberate elbow to the face. red card entirely justified imho.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
On the latest, Stuart Barnes (I know, I know) in The Times has a different take; that Doyle didn't want to go beyond a YC, but the TMO insisted and he caved in. Barnes's/Doyle's reasoning apparently being that the elbow struck while Hartley was trying to free himself from Matt Smith's grasp.
Barnes went beyond just disagreeing. He said that Doyle ought to have stood by his own judgement and refused to accept the TMO's evaluation. He is right that the referee is in charge, but if he is never going to listen to the TMO, why ask? (Except when he did not see what happened.)

OTT IMHO.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Poor old Dylan, he gets my sympathy. Coaxing a red mist decend seems to be a LT player targetting strategy of this Saint , the poor lad simply can't evade falling into these ambush moments.
I don't blame MS for any "accidental" holding , as we've all wound up known hotheads in our playing days.

Here was a previous attempt that didn't get the desired result, (from provocateur or referee) .. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZkcPQE7RFE

Free - ee. Dy,lan Hart-le- eey , would make a nice xmas charity anthem , I'd buy it.

After all his England performances are fairly disciplined are they not?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Poor old Dylan, he gets my sympathy. Coaxing a red mist decend seems to be a LT player targetting strategy of this Saint , the poor lad simply can't evade falling into these ambush moments.
I don't blame MS for any "accidental" holding , as we've all wound up known hotheads in our playing days.

Here was a previous attempt that didn't get the desired result, (from provocateur or referee) .. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZkcPQE7RFE

Free - ee. Dy,lan Hart-le- eey , would make a nice xmas charity anthem , I'd buy it.

After all his England performances are fairly disciplined are they not?

Much like the sainted Nelson, you have to remember that whatever your personal sympathy with their position, they did actually do the crime they were sentenced for...

Rich

Referees in England
Post Likes
give him an anvil, tell him to hold on tight to it, then tell him to go for a swim in a deep lake....Not much more I can say about this awful individual. He has no redeeming features and Rugby at every level would be a better place without him.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
5 red cards back in the 80's led to one of my team mates getting a life ban & the offences were no worse ! Maybe the same here would do the trick !!

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
give him an anvil, tell him to hold on tight to it, then tell him to go for a swim in a deep lake....Not much more I can say about this awful individual. He has no redeeming features and Rugby at every level would be a better place without him.

Get off the fence mate...

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Red card entirely justified.

However seeing MS going down like a sack of shit was very disappointing.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Red card entirely justified.

However seeing MS going down like a sack of shit was very disappointing.
He did catch him in the sweet spot. But both me and the wife thought he had been shot

JJ10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also thought Alex Corbisiero's comments at half time for BT Sport were particularly unhelpful. Can't find a clip of it but he said that JP was "egged on by the TMO". He said that at least twice. Wonder if the RFU will look at that? I know he has to defend his club captain but they were not constructive comments whatsoever. Right decision reached, Hartley only has himself to blame. What a muppet. He kept coming across so morally righteous in the last year in every interview too.

How long a ban for him?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I am amazed that current players are permitted to be a pundit especially on a game involving their own club.

I suspect restraint of trade laws would not permit a suppression however.

didds

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have just seen the incident. A team -mate was actually trying to restrain him when he lashed out. RC all the way, particularly given the recent guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.