Post Likes
And so it begins for us in sunny UK....

As always, a little nervous - how's everyone else feeling? :Nerv:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm fine I'm off to Edinburgh taxiing #1 son back to University.

My first game is on the 10th Sept. L9, Yorkshire 3, two teams from Leeds! Good stuff.

There is usually a beardy twat watching (I'm saying nothing :biggrin:) who always gives me (and hopefully other refs) a hard time.:biggrin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have been active for the last three weekends with watching matches, and I have had three interesting referee performances to discuss and report on so far.

Start of the League season tomorrow with two newly promoted teams at L5 in National 3 SW (Amersham and Redcliffians), a newly promoted SWG Referee (who allegedly wears blue boots), and a new L5 report form to complete on Sunday.

Next week a trip to Guernsey to 'observe' the local assessor to certify him at L6 (as Guernsey were promoted last season), and run some referee development workshops in the morning.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Start of the League season tomorrow with two newly promoted teams at L5 in National 3 SW (Amersham and Redcliffians), a newly promoted SWG Referee (who allegedly wears blue boots), and a new L5 report form to complete on Sunday.
Would normally have popped along to bother you at A&C, but am heading to Middleton-on-Sea for a 50th birthday fancy dress masquerade ball. If you are lucky, there may be photos!

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I have my first appointed game tomorrow, a L9 Cup game.
I did a Help 4 Heroes game last Saturday, involving several fijian internationals who were fairly useful.
Also did a L8 club 1st XV v a presidents XV, both evenly matched on a warm night on Wednesday.
I was watched by my coach who was very positive with his feedback.

First season on federation this year so hopefully some good exchanges coming up.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

Be interested to see how REDS will get on, they've gone 7 6 5 in three season, general thought was a season too soon, but we'll see?

They'll be a physical bunch, that's for sure!

RugbyGeek

Referees in England
Post Likes
....gosh, it would seem I am fairly late to the party this year.....

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
First game (friendly) last week. Assessor waiting for the game after mine to start (Rugby Lions complete with celebrity Coach, and Ben Gollins as #10 v some Welsh lot), said that from what he saw I did very well :biggrin:

Second game tomorrow (another friendly) with an Assessor just for me? Not sure why I am getting assessed at a friendly, unless he needs the practice :chin: Still will find out tomorrow.

First league game not until next week, when most of the Warwickshire Leagues start.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Second game tomorrow (another friendly) with an Assessor just for me? Not sure why I am getting assessed at a friendly, unless he needs the practice :chin: Still will find out tomorrow.

Yeah, he probably saw a quality ref last week so wants to experience the full range

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

taff426

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Already had 3 pre-season friendlies, today should have been my first appointed game, however, the darling cherubs have called off!!!!! :deadhorse: Managed to get myself a re-appointment, 2nd youth team fixture :holysheep:, still, it's better thn no appointment at all I suppose

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well, I wore society kit for the game, and then i wore the outfit of chinos, blue shirt society tie and a blazer

When he posted that question I think he missed off the :sarc:

RugbyGeek

Referees in England
Post Likes
b*ll*cks!!!

Got a call at 8pm last night cancelling my game.....one of the teams pulled out! :wtf:

Very disappointed, was really looking forward to it....