Footage of Leicester v Northampton red cards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Al

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Any footage out there?

Mat 04

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Absolutely disgusting. I despise Chris Ashton. What a smug little bas***d. I really hope he gets what is coming to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
not convinced. is hair pulling a red card offence?

scarletjack

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Ashton should be citied and Murphy should have seen red too me thinks:knuppel2:

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
If you are going to red card for throwing punches and thuggish behaviour Tuilagi was about 5th on the list, well behind Ashton.
However, without turning into Chopper, his intention was to knock seven bells out of Ashton (gets my vote), he was only prevented from doing this by being barged from behind. As is repeatedly said on this site, you can't always take intent into consideration when making decisions and I don't think he actually landed a serious punch.

Last edited:

scarletjack

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
will be interesting to see what the citing commision will come up with for this one

Scarlet Al

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
not convinced. is hair pulling a red card offence?

Either, you're joking or you're a one-eyed Saints fan, surely. Christ on a trike, this easily falls in acts contrary to good sportsmanship and is an act of thuggery - Of course it's a bloody red card.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
i like the way that Northampton are playing recently (much as i enjoyed the way that Gloucester played a few seasons back), but i wouldn't call myself a fan.

red card for pulling hair i would suggest is over the top. act contrary to good sportsmanship, certainly. but not a red card.

Mat 04

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
i like the way that Northampton are playing recently (much as i enjoyed the way that Gloucester played a few seasons back), but i wouldn't call myself a fan.

red card for pulling hair i would suggest is over the top. act contrary to good sportsmanship, certainly. but not a red card.

What a joke. So you're not convinced that pulling someone along the ground by their hair is not a red card offence?!?

I'm not convinced you should be officiating....

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
I'm not convinced you should be officiating....

ok, ignoring the fact that i'm retired due to a back condition, that's getting awfully close to a personal attack...

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
As is repeatedly said on this site, you can't always take intent into consideration when making decisions and I don't think he actually landed a serious punch.
Attempting to commit foul play can be an offence in itself. Are you suggesting that a player throwing a punch has committed no offence unless it connects?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
now now guys it's only meant to be a debate

but sir, he started it...

:biggrin:

on another note there is a London Irish player called Trevor Anus, which i found amusing earlier today.

scarletjack

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
i have heard of himm bit of an a-s by all accounts lol:biggrin:

loten10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Careful chaps, don't get drawn in to the multi camera trap. Remember that the commentators had a wonderful overhead angle. Barnes was close to the action and at least attempted to solve the situation. How many referees would have bottled it and given a yellow? Was he trying to send a message that brawls of this nature are not acceptable at this level of rugby?

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Attempting to commit foul play can be an offence in itself. Are you suggesting that a player throwing a punch has committed no offence unless it connects?

I'm suggesting that intending to throw a punch but not connecting should rank below one that connects. At least two other Leicester players connected but stayed on the field.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I'm suggesting that intending to throw a punch but not connecting should rank below one that connects. At least two other Leicester players connected but stayed on the field.
See my post on the Hair pulling thread for my take on what happened.

Scarlet Al

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
ok, ignoring the fact that i'm retired due to a back condition, that's getting awfully close to a personal attack...

If you don't think that's a red card then, wow... Just wow. You must be joking right?

Scarlet Al

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Careful chaps, don't get drawn in to the multi camera trap. Remember that the commentators had a wonderful overhead angle. Barnes was close to the action and at least attempted to solve the situation. How many referees would have bottled it and given a yellow? Was he trying to send a message that brawls of this nature are not acceptable at this level of rugby?

We are not getting caught in the trap... If Barnes didn't see it, fine, I have no issues with that. What I will have an issue with is if he doesn't get cited because it's clear on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.