Footage of Leicester v Northampton red cards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

baftabill

Post Likes
You wont let it lie will you?

Barnes was right - Tuilagi punched Ashton and started a fight. What he said was wrong.
Why go on and on about it?

baftabill

Post Likes
From Wayne Barnes on another thread
1- oddly enough 'numerous' did come up, he played a video of another sending off (Mahler receiving a headbutt from Leicester and retaliating, 2xRC), and in that incident WB used the same expression 'numerous times' (it was twice), so I asked him, and he said he just uses it to mean 'more than one'. deliberately ambiguous becasue if you say 'three' and it turns out it was four , then now your report is inaccurate and blah blah.

2- he said he'd really like to see the TMO used more, for foul play, for all sorts of things.. For instance on Sunday none of the team of three saw Ashton hair-pulling, so none of them had any idea how it started. If he could have referred that to the TMO -- 'mass brawl, what did YOU see' then the TMO would have seen Ashton, and he would have got a RC, and that would have been a much better result all round

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
From memory one was one not. However, AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU BY SEVERAL PEOPLE, the salient FACTS are that Tualgi threw more then one punch AT Ashton. Where / if they landed and the exact number is not relevant to the crime.

Why do you have this obsession with Barnes?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Mike Rafter RFU Ciitng Officer was right with Ashton (Disciplinary Committee of the three most senior legal eagles in RFU banned him at mid level entry), and for both Tuilangi / Wood sending off sufficient by Committee (in my experience of 10 years sitting on county disciplinary committees that equals "we are not sure the referee was right to award a red card") and Mike Rafter issued level one citings to others involved (equiv to a YC, and first time I have heard of them being used - says to me, "you were very close to the RC test, so be very careful in future").

Incident closed for me and moving onto next.............

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
From memory one was one not. However, AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU BY SEVERAL PEOPLE, the salient FACTS are that Tualgi threw more then one punch AT Ashton. Where / if they landed and the exact number is not relevant to the crime.

IN THEIR OPIONIONS!! Others have opionion that differ. I won't be changing mine anytime soon.

Why do you have this obsession with Barnes?

I don't have an obsession with Barnes. It wouldn't matter who the effing referee was, if he did what Barnes did, I would have an issue with it.... UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!

You wont let it lie will you?

Barnes was right - Tuilagi punched Ashton and started a fight. What he said was wrong.

Judge Blackett disagrees with you.

“If you pull somebody by the hair there is an element of denigration and this act was a catalyst for a mass brawl that resulted in two red cards and significantly affected the image of the game.

Why go on and on about it?

1. Because it goes to his credibility. If Barnes had simply said "punching", and left it at that, I would have no issue. However, he embellishes and exaggerates his account of the incident with spurious (and as it turns out demonstrably false) remarks about "numerous punches" and "several punches to the head". This, IMO, allows him to justify his subsequent action.

2. Because I come from an educational background where we were taught to report what actually happened, not what we thought might have happened, and if we don't know for sure, we keep our effing trap shut. Perhaps you live in a country where the truth is unimportant, where what you say doesn't matter. I don't! Be careful what you say, because if you exaggerate, make it up, or say things that never happened, it will generally come back and bite you on the arse.

I guess we will all have to agree to differ. I won't be bothering to post again because I can't be arsed discussing this with a bunch of blind freddies.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Ian & ATTR

Gentlemen, can you now agree to disagree and move on.

This has become pointless, and is getting tedious.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I won't be bothering to post again because I can't be arsed discussing this with a bunch of blind freddies.
The tone of too many of your posts on this subject has been like this. A pity we cannot disagree sensibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.