How Long To Attempt To Alert The Referee

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I bought flags the first season I started.

Otherwise I found can't relaibly remmber/identify who it was who had agreed to be TJ..

I realised this couldn't last when one early game an arm went up, I blew for touch, and the 'real' TJ immediately said: "But he was in! I never signalled!".
The arm belonged to a helpful spectator who said "Oh I am sorry, I though there was no TJ, I didn't realise you were doing it, I was just trying to help!"

On the Monday I went and bought some flags.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
You know you've made it as a ref when following a long crossfield kick from outside the 22 that bounces "near" the touchline, and 15 hands go up and calls of "out on the full ref!", while your "official TJ" was unsighted, due to a blonde that was behind him, and all the kickers team spectators are shouting that it bounced infield, FFS! "Sir" - and you make a decision that everyone is content with...

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
You know you've made it as a ref when following a long crossfield kick from outside the 22 that bounces "near" the touchline, and 15 hands go up and calls of "out on the full ref!", while your "official TJ" was unsighted, due to a blonde that was behind him, and all the kickers team spectators are shouting that it bounced infield, FFS! "Sir" - and you make a decision that everyone is content with...

Happens most weeks on the Panel...

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I leave it up to you whether you bear the cost yourself, or alternatively add a few miles to each appointment so the expense flows back to where it should really lie.

not possible if the Society use WhosTheRef as the referee's home address and club's location post codes are used and mileage automatically calculated !