In Goal Anxiety revisited.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
If I were going to produce a summary, I would have to read through all the posts again - and I might miss points of significance to you.

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
If I were going to produce a summary, I would have to read through all the posts again - and I might miss points of significance to you.

So, with the consequence of differing opinions as to interpretation what's the value of these discussions?

At least a summarised consensus of opinion by an experienced and respected ref would serve a very useful purpose . . . even if it was at odds with his thinking.

I've got a feeling I'm not the only one who gets frustrated at the end of an interesting debate on interpretation only to think . . what was that all about?:sad:

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
So, with the consequence of differing opinions as to interpretation what's the value of these discussions?

For us, the value is often in the discussion itself.

At least a summarised consensus of opinion by an experienced and respected ref would serve a very useful purpose

Unless that ref happened to be St Paddy himself, what purpose would it be useful for?

I've got a feeling I'm not the only one who gets frustrated at the end of an interesting debate on interpretation only to think . . what was that all about?:sad:

There is a real possibility that you're in a minority of one here...

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
You may find the a dozen refs would produce 15 different summaries...

We all take from these discussions what we see as important, and that may shift as time and experience wears on, and what is critical at one level may be less so at a different one.

There is never any such thing as a simple truth.

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
What's truth got to do with it?

If you've got differing opinions on interpretation this forum is an ideal place to get a consensus for agreement whether you accept it or not . . that's the value of a summation.:hap: