Ladies world cup 2014

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
To be fair to the girls, I don't recognise the referees doing the world club 7s in Limerick or what level they are, but just watching a couple of semi or quarter finals and have seen a couple of clangers. One glaring knock-on and one call for a turn over from a maul that consisted of the ball carrier and 3 defenders.

Mr.Christopher

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
And a very poor call from the ref

Unless I missed something, a ball carrier and 3 defenders isn't a maul.... a maul needs to be the ball carrier and one player from each team

[LAWS]
A maul begins when a player carrying the ball is held by one or more opponents, and one or more of the ball carrier’s team mates bind on the ball carrier. A maul therefore consists, when it begins, of at least three players, all on their feet; the ball carrier and one player from each team. All the players involved must be caught in or bound to the maul and must be on their feet and moving towards a goal line. Open play has ended.[/LAWS]

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Unless I missed something, a ball carrier and 3 defenders isn't a maul.... a maul needs to be the ball carrier and one player from each team

[LAWS]
A maul begins when a player carrying the ball is held by one or more opponents, and one or more of the ball carrier’s team mates bind on the ball carrier. A maul therefore consists, when it begins, of at least three players, all on their feet; the ball carrier and one player from each team. All the players involved must be caught in or bound to the maul and must be on their feet and moving towards a goal line. Open play has ended.[/LAWS]

Hence the reason we are saying it was a bad call from an experienced referee

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Ooh, TMO's as well. I like it alot!
Ref's question to the Television Match Official was "Is there any reason I can't award a try?" That proved crucial, as there was little evidence of a grounding from the driving maul over the line.

:ireland: Com'on ladies!

Ireland 7 - 0 England

Don't much like England's unscheduled water-break, delaying the restart for the Irish girls! What's all that about? No official waterbreak scheduled for today, as not particularily hot.

7- 5 now.

Last edited:

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
I don't like England's scrum or their 13 either.

Far too strong!

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Shoot the TMO! Foot in touch on the last England try!
(Wonder what question the ref asked on that occasion!)

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
irishref, keep the updates coming. No access from frontier.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

L'irlandais

Post Likes

England fresh & dominate in the scrum for the second 40 minutes. Ireland 7-26 England :(

Nothing going right for the Irish ladies. Wonder if they didn't take this too lightly.

A bit of handbags, (not that the ladies actually had any on the pitch) frustration starting to show.

"Tackle" on English center (without the ball) , touch judge missed it though.
So no help to the Woman in the middle on that occasion.

Green 13 KO - nearly stretchered off... 68 minutes of play.

England keeping things simple -
Another try this time for the West Country plumber Ms Packer + the extra points : Ireland 7-31 England on 70 minutes.

And another one on 73 minutes, starting to dislike that replacement back row Marlie Packer. Will not be going back to Yeovil in a hurry... Ire 7 - 40 Eng

Ref awards scrum to England following England Knock-on. :wtf:
Won't change the result, but isn't helping my opinion of the match official.

It's all over. England into their 4th Final of the WRWC

In fairness to the Irish ladies they played well in the first quarter.

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
This really has been an impressive England Women's performance ..

Swing Low ..... :)

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
Yes, Ireland's worst performance in ages coupled by England's best of the tournament. Ouch!!

So, England v France final perhaps?

itin

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Apparently the USA AUS game was a pretty good one. Too bad we couldn't watch it over here. Seems like some sort of ball dropping on the media front to me.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Post #91 - nice work & thanks.

For future broadcasts can you simulate sound of bat hitting ball?

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes
Poor TMO decision on 28th minute of 2nd semi final yellow card and penalty for tip tackle where tackled player jumped into the tackler and landed on her bum

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The Canadian scrum won them the game. Magali Harvey showed again why she is class. Shame about the 9 (Stephanie Bernier) doing in her knee. She is a nice kid and a pleasure to ref.
I'm not sold on the French YC. There was no lift. The Canadian BC jumped, and she was put down flat.

Canada celebrated like they just won the final. Always a bad sign. England to win the final.

Last edited:

MrQeu

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
So if Spain wins the 9/10th place game, they would have only lost to the two finalists. Not bad at the end, some will say.