Lancaster or Mallet?

Lancaster or Mallett

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Lancaster seems to have done a great job so far, he has worked with the upcoming players for several years and he seems to be sure of the structure he wants and to have the right support within the squad.

Mallet - South African, and not upto speed with top class rugby after a few years with Italy, who won er - well, not much.

Appointing Mallet would be a politicians choice - a bit like the old IT adage that you can't get sacked for buying IBM (note - not said for a few years, and people eventually were sacked for it).

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The smart money is on both of them together.

Mike Whittaker

Referees in England
Post Likes
Would not be unhappy to see Woodward come in over Lancaster and reckon they would work together far better than Mallet with Lancaster. The latter on his own would be an ask that I don't think the RFU would wish to have.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
neither will get it, and Rob Andrew will be appointed as interim, interim manager.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
nah... why ever would SCW work with the RFU again - unless the changes of heads suggests they would be far more sympathetic to his ideas/requirements now?

didds

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Woodward will surely need the Old Farts system to be dismantled before he puts his head into the RFU noose again. And with Andrew in place in a powerful and largely undefined role, I can't see SCW begging to be let back on board, even if they ditch the farts.

I think Lancaster gets it, with a mentor. Many different options for mentor - heck, why not Warren Gatland? He's doing every other job just now.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
I'm still holding out for the RFU being the RFU and appointing: Eddie O'Sullivan

:)

Davet

Post Likes
So long as one of 'em takes agood look at Toby Flood, who seems to be getting right back on form after injury.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
So long as one of 'em takes agood look at Toby Flood, who seems to be getting right back on form after injury.

Says the Leicester fan. :biggrin:

I'd rather have Andy Farrell.

Davet

Post Likes
LL-P

Er... I don't know what to say.

Maybe, based on the skill and expertise you show above, I could recommend you take over selection of the Welsh team in future?