Staff member
Post Likes
What about this?

RU-5000-large.jpg

triage

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Why is he wearing a CONDOM!!

Being a referee I am sure he is a male organ.......I am sure the crowd have called you one at some stage or another...all referee's are apparently one....or at least spectators seem to think so :)

lol

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
It's not a very good Condom, it's got a few holes in it!

Dickie, Is that you in one of the VRRA Refs tops? :Zip:

Skid986

Referees in England
Post Likes
The interpretation is not mine - it is IRB and RFU's, whose interpretations, guidance & rulings I have to follow...

Fine. But other than a personal e-mail to you, where have they published it? And if they haven't published it how is the rest of the rugby world meant to know about it officially? 'Simon Says' won't wash when I'm being confronted by players, coaches and parents.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Fine. But other than a personal e-mail to you, where have they published it? And if they haven't published it how is the rest of the rugby world meant to know about it officially? 'Simon Says' won't wash when I'm being confronted by players, coaches and parents.

The information is supposed to be cascaded down. Have you checked within your own society?

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Anyway, back to leggings.

One thing I notice is that all the major rugby brands make them (Gilbert, Kooga, Canterbury, etc..) however none make any claim to them being approved, but then why should they as it's only padding that requires IRB seal of approval.

If all the rugby brands are making them, then they must be getting worn somewhere, otherwise it's very bad business sense.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
If all the rugby brands are making them, then they must be getting worn somewhere, otherwise it's very bad business sense.

if you read the promo stuff from brands such as Skins, it's all about wearing them form training and warming up, i'm sure one of the Dr's on here can give the low down and helping muscles recover etc..............

Ray TR

Referees in England
Post Likes
OB-I have only missed one of our Glos and District meetings this year but havent a clue on this one, and was asked by a touring side at POW stadium friday night. So, do I allow them or not?
cheers

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
OB-I have only missed one of our Glos and District meetings this year but havent a clue on this one, and was asked by a touring side at POW stadium friday night. So, do I allow them or not?
cheers

No! the bloody sun's out now:wink:

Tryer

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
cheers

Ray TR, when I'm at the CC Finals at the PoW on the 25th I'll be talking to the appointed To3 about them for my teams game...... hope the decision has been made by then..... I've even printed the IRB ruling off just in case. Any team wearing them at this time of the season are wearing them to gain an advantage, real or perceived......

Ray TR

Referees in England
Post Likes
hopefuly I will get either a plate or cup final so I will keep a weather eye out for a man clutching rulings ! I certainly would never have worn them-especially with my position being called hooker! I do agree they just dont look or seem right and until told otherwise I will not be allowing them. Sole judge of fact and fashion etc..

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
cheers

Ask the Chairman. I don't make rulings!

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Training?
Rugby League?
Wendyball?

I STILL have not seen an official reason given for them being banned! :mad:

beatonERRS

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
I'm not sure what infringement leggings/tights have on a game, it's not like a swimming wetsuit that is used in the olympics that is going to give them an extra 1/10 of a second over their opponent, I think we should stop worrying about the little harmless detail, I think the IRB should be worrying about making the Lineouts and Scrums safer, parts of the game where Injurys can happen.