Leicester v Bath

Dixpat

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Banahan, i think the "outcome" made it wose than it was, yes 6 got in his way, but that's part of the modern game :shrug: that said, it's Banahan's responsibility to make a safe "hit". Having looked at it a few times i just wonder if the KO was due to the green player landing on Banahans foot :chin: as the contact seems to be across the shoulder and not the head/jaw? just thought i'd throw that one in there.

:

Your not alone on that thought - I have watch, rewatched & watched the clip again and I too think that his initial impact was cross the shoulder

Chogan

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
For those that haven't seen SD's YC.
[video=youtube;NoHSkSeFRSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NoHSkSeFRSo[/video]

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
For those that haven't seen SD's YC.

Am I the only one to think that's harsh?
I mean, if you really want to calm them down, you send them both to think 10 minutes...

Btw, Green number is 22...
A lot less impress than for the red card situation discussed above in the post...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

Guyseep

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Am I the only one to think that's harsh?
I mean, if you really want to calm them down, you send them both to think 10 minutes...

Btw, Green number is 22...
A lot less impress than for the red card situation discussed above in the post...

My 2 cents,
Pierre.

yes harsh. I would at most have given a penalty.

But you must consider that discipline was very poor in this game and already there had been several send offs. That may have skewed the ref's and TMO's view.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Interesting that green 22, after the scuffle, walks past the ruck as it ends to obstruct white 20! Ignoring the harsh YC for a sec would anyone be inclined to PK green 22 for that? I would.