Lost Voice

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
It wasn't BBOB..!

Sounds like they took a smashing anyway.

Na Madrai

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just a final update on this situation.

The SS has contacted me to say that it it has been mentioned to him by powers on high that I referee the scrum engagement process in matches, beyond the agreed protocols. Being aware of the situation, he made it clear that this was in one particular match and as a result of a set of particular circumstances of which he was fully aware.

Nevertheless, he has been instructed to suggest to me that under similiar circumstances, I must not exceed the agreed protocols for scrum engagements as a referee. The correct situation should have been - as stated by someone on this thread, well done - to have abandoned the match on the grounds of referee injury! I am sure that would be a soft sell to the players concerned.

Ridiculous in my opinion, but indicative of the world we currently inhabit!

NM

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Der der der der der der derrrrrrrr!

"RFU Liveried Car Man" fighting injustice, tyranny and law non compliance in any part part of RFU land!

"What's that? A referee losing his voice and trying to get a game for 30 blokes as best he can, but in doing so playing fast and loose with Law 20?"

"Crank up the VW Polo, Post Protection Thickness Measuring Boy!"

"And away we go!"

View attachment 2838

Der der der der der derrrrrrrrrrr!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
The correct situation should have been to have abandoned the match on the grounds of referee injury!

Ridiculous in my opinion

NM

I agree.

ps... Isn't this disability discrimination? :chin:
ie... an interpreter could have verbally communicated your CBS signals .... all you had to do was nominate him :rolleyes:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I stand by what I said in post # 21 but your Society Committee will have based their decision and communication on a wider set of "evidence" perhaps.

The official position is as I would expect and is to follow Law and protocols, but reading between the lines they acknowledge the one match and special circumstances.