New Front Row logic tree

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I like it, but I am bit worried by the bit where it says

front row player recovers from injury and can return to the game

Which rather contradicts Law 3.21
[LAWS]A player may be replaced if injured. An injured player may not return once replaced [/LAWS]

Treadmore

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
I like it, but I am bit worried by the bit where it says

Which rather contradicts Law 3.21
[LAWS]A player may be replaced if injured. An injured player may not return once replaced [/LAWS]

I think it's if not replaced initially

Treadmore

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Well then you wouldn't need an interchange available to bring him back on
Eh?
Is there a typo in the chart? Instead of "...and an interchange is available" it should be "...or an interchange is available."?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So is it correct that
. Prop 1 pulls hamstring
. prop 2 suffers injury from foul play or head injury
Means they stay at 15

But
. prop 1 suffers injury from foul play or head injury
. Prop 2 pulls hamstring

Means they are down to 14

Makes no sense . They will have to change these rules

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
And another thing

Turn up with no front row replacements
Prop taken out with foul play
You lose the game?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
What does this mean in bottom left hand corner ..

I know this one (well I asked);

[FONT=&quot]“If they're injured from foul play and they leave at the penalty then they can be replaced and have uncontested scrums with 15 men on the field [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If they play on but then go off 5mins later because of the injury, then they cannot replace them and continue with 14 men and uncontested scrums”[/FONT]

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
And another thing

Turn up with no front row replacements
Prop taken out with foul play
You lose the game?

I think, technically, if you turn up with no FR replacements you lose the game before you start

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So if you turn up with 15 men, 3 1R qualified, you lose the match with the first injury to one of them? I'm not sure I follow.

1 this chart only applies to the RFU leagues, ay meritntable levels the rules are much softer
2 yes for leagues it's mandatory to be able to cover 1 front row replacement

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I think, technically, if you turn up with no FR replacements you lose the game before you start

I would suggest that is downb to match regulations eg cup, league.

If its a frriendly and the np FR replacements team is told before kick off "youve altready lost the match" they may well just go home.

WRT leagues at least _maybe_ (league regs etc) it MAY save them from further points/finanancial penalty... but ultimately that may also lead to the non-FR side just scrapping everything all together. Ir even the "safe" team who may now not risk injuries in what woud equate to be a friendly havcing already gained the league win W/O points.

??

didds

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

If its a frriendly and the np FR replacements team is told before kick off "youve altready lost the match" they may well just go home.

WRT leagues at least _maybe_ (league regs etc) it MAY save them from further points/finanancial penalty... but ultimately that may also lead to the non-FR side just scrapping everything all together. Ir even the "safe" team who may now not risk injuries in what woud equate to be a friendly havcing already gained the league win W/O points.

??

didds

I've had a couple of league games with only 3xFR, games have all gone ahead (someone elses problem with regards regs), only 1 of those went uncontested, and the results was a BP win anyway so don't think anyone really cared. Common sense has to prevail somewhere, I think a lot of this is just to prevent abuse - I kind of hope it all goes away in the community game as makes things way too complex

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

??

didds

This chart refers to RFU leagues only
The regs for merit table are all different (and much more forgiving)

We also had that directive this season called Let's Just Have a Game or something that says get together the two captain use common sense and get on with it.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
in experience then... do you guys find that teams that cant start with a FR replacement just cry off? Or do their oppo cry off as they now have "the win" and need not risk injury in what woud be a friendly in effect?

Or do you find that teams nominate a FR replacement but if they are ever called on they develop an injury so they cant now play and have to be subbed off for a non FR bencher (or is that what man off is all about - he elaves and its 14 man). in effect the FR noinated replcement cant play FR but this way they avoid the "loss" and in fact are gambling they wont get called upon?

didds

didds