Penalty/free kick error ?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Thanks Ian, but my idiosyncrasy rating is going to suffer if the late Rod Hull and his fush'n'chups-eating emu agrees with me despite there being no law clarifications since 1947 about "pedantic matters".

(You've hit the nail on the head)

I'm afraid your humour (if that is what it was) escapes me.
big-yawn.gif

PS: Wrong country. Emu's are Aussie birds

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Rod Hill ... Rod Hull ... get it?

Oh, I get that

what I don't get is the bit about emu's eating fish'n'chips (or fush'n'chups if you prefer)

evilad

Referees in England
Post Likes
The law requires a kick. Why insist on it being a kick? A kick is harder than a tap to the foot. I have seen numerous times when someone tryig to go quickly, messes up the kick, slowing down the quick restart, and giving the defence extra time, time they wouldn't have had had I allowed a "fake" tap.

This is one I will insist on for a quick tap, and everytime I pull someone up on it, the players shout at the infringing player, not at me. Not once have I been accused of being pedantic for this one. Everytime the player gets the blame from his team mates for being dumb.

I had a player take a free kick off his knee in a game of 10's. awarded a free kick to the opposition ( should have been a scrum) The player said" that was just being pedantic". Gave him a yellow card an 10 mins to think about being pedantic.
Funnily enough none of his team mates thought I was wrong

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I had a player take a free kick off his knee in a game of 10's. awarded a free kick to the opposition ( should have been a scrum) The player said" that was just being pedantic". Gave him a yellow card an 10 mins to think about being pedantic.
Funnily enough none of his team mates thought I was wrong

Whilst I can understand being affronted, I'm thinking ....why does this dissent jump straight to YC?, whatever happened to a stern admonishment [Bollocking] & marching them back 10 meters? with a demand of the captain to educate his players! a team one player down seems to me to be rather too large a punishment for me, the comment is clear , but minor dissent for me.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
+1.

Losing the FK and giving a PK to opposition for yap is plenty for a comment like that.

evilad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Perhaps should have clarified that that was the straw that broke the camel for that particular player. He had been chopsing all game and despite warnings, thought he was beyond punishment. Having seen him around work since, it wasnt just on the pitch his attitude stank.