Promotion to National Panel

Chunky Charvis

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
I received the good news this week that I have been promoted to the National Panel. :smile:

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all those people who have helped me get here in the last 4 seasons - Buckinghamshire Referees Society and especially Paul Stanley and Adrian Saunders; South West Group, especially Terry Friend, and Simon Thomas for his invaluable advice and enthusiastic encouragement, and Ian Woodgate for coaching me this year. Also all those ARs that helped me in Panel games - definitely a big thanks to them.

And also RugbyRefs.com which has been a goldmine of advice, and can always be relied upon to get me thinking about complex and unusual situations! It has certainly helped me to "Expect the unexpected" on the field!

I realise the huge challenges ahead and cannot wait to get started working hard already :smile:

Thank you chaps :smile:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Ah so that's you!

Well done mate, enjoy it :wink:

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done and well deserved. This guy has a fantastic refing style.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
wha does national panel mean? will we see you reffing Premiership games?

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
wha does national panel mean? will we see you reffing Premiership games?

National Panel covers games at levels 3 & 4 (National 1 and Nation 2 North/South). Bit more work to do before he hits Premiership.

Well done mate, and welcome!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done, Chunky. I'll try to dig out some of the photos of an early game in your L.6 career at Windsor.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Chunky is being a little modest as he went through L5 South West Group in one year - impressive progress.

A second SWG referee was selected for National Panel too, again after just one season - we must be doing something right in our Societies, Federations and on Group.

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Congratulations Chunky.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well done Chunky, onwards and upwards :clap:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
perhaps it was the raw material x the 'Societies, Federations and on Group'?

'Societies, Federations and on Group' are the support structure and development pathway, and of course it the referees' own ability, commitment, learning capabilities that are the pre-requisite.

You need both in place and working effectively to make it Panel.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
'Societies, Federations and on Group' are the support structure and development pathway, and of course it the referees' own ability, commitment, learning capabilities and age that are the pre-requisite.

You need both in place and working effectively to make it Panel.

TYGFTFU :wink:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
TYGFTFU :wink:

BFG - yawn - it is just not the case. With all due respect to Chunky he is not in the first flush of youth.

We have nominated a number of Federation Referees to Group this year and it was discussed and minuted in our Grading Meeting that age was NOT a selection criteria !

No doubt the topic will be an early question for the new Match Official Development Manager on 12th May 2014 :deadhorse:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
BFG - yawn - it is just not the case. With all due respect to Chunky he is not in the first flush of youth.

We have nominated a number of Federation Referees to Group this year and it was discussed and minuted in our Grading Meeting that age was NOT a selection criteria !

No doubt the topic will be an early question for the new Match Official Development Manager on 12th May 2014 :deadhorse:

Have to agree to disagree. Nobody is ever going to admit it, but I still see it as being the case. :shrug:

Can I just say though that I don't disagree with it though! Makes perfect sense to push a 20/30 something more so than a 35-45 year old, you get a better return on your ££££'s