RFU Adapted game

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
[LAWS]Law 16: The Maul is suspended in its entirety
When one or more players come into contact with an opposing ball carrier and do not bring that player to ground, those players may attempt to gain possession of the ball if done immediately, but thereafter must not prevent the ball carrier from playing the ball. Sanction: Penalty kick to the team in possession of the ball.[/LAWS]

I wonder how this will work. Big-Boy ball carrier #8 goes into contact with Mr Bean #9. Mr Bean does his best to tackle Big-Boy but isn't strong enough to get him to ground. What happens then? Mr Bean has to release? Big-Boy has to pass the ball?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Big Boy has to use it, guidance in the PDF I linked to earlier says call ‘Use It’, else free kick to team in possession

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
[LAWS]Law 16: The Maul is suspended in its entirety
When one or more players come into contact with an opposing ball carrier and do not bring that player to ground, those players may attempt to gain possession of the ball if done immediately, but thereafter must not prevent the ball carrier from playing the ball. Sanction: Penalty kick to the team in possession of the ball.[/LAWS]

I wonder how this will work. Big-Boy ball carrier #8 goes into contact with Mr Bean #9. Mr Bean does his best to tackle Big-Boy but isn't strong enough to get him to ground. What happens then? Mr Bean has to release? Big-Boy has to pass the ball?

i think that Covid Laws are different from regular laws : we can't allow players to 'game' the Covid laws --- and I am sure that coaches (after a moment of reflection) won't coach that either.

If the covid laws aren't followed we'll all be back to R4R before you can say Ffizer

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Just had this through from my society, main difference seems to the point about binding on to a ball carrying team mate is a PK, so that kills the pick and go;]

well, it doesnt. What it does do is prevent the "hammer" with prebound teammates as the pick and go starts.

It doesnt stop anybody picking up the ball on their own, going into contact, and team mates arriving a nano second after the contact.

didds

didds

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Do you think clubs will choose not to select traditionally shaped FRs since there are no scrums?

Undoutedby some will. Personally Id hope clubs will try and give all their subs paying members games that want them.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
i think that Covid Laws are different from regular laws : we can't allow players to 'game' the Covid laws --- and I am sure that coaches (after a moment of reflection) won't coach that either.

some sad acts will I suspect. Id hope the vast majority get with the ethos of getting their players back playing without silly bollocks going on.

didds