Romain Poite

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
On his Heineken Cup performance, would not be at all surprised if 'zis fella - providing he maintains that level - is in the shout for a semi or even final, providing Les Blues aren't involved.

Top performance in a cracking match.

baftabill

Post Likes
Interesting comparison with Clancy who talked and talked and talked.
I like his style.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
One word to describe his performance.

Outstanding!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
a very good day at the office for M. Poite - a balanced, effective performance.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I also thought he was very good, especially at scrum time.

Watch out teams who try pulling the con job in the scrum, because this guy is having none of it. (Salesi Ma'afu, Benn Alexander & Al Baxter take note).

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
M Poite is my new referee crush.

he was wunnerful *swoon*

DaveyG

Post Likes
I thought he was great. A couple of my fellow Ulster supporters don't like him because of the Northampton quarter final but they only see the game from one eye. A top ref and someone I look up to.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
The only thing I'd say (and it's hugely hypocritical as my french is HORRIBLE) is that he needs to work on his English to get right to the top of the pile. He's improved it hugely, but sometimes he still struggles to find exactly the right word when needed to calm down a situation or get his point across.

Agree he was excellent on Saturday though.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The only thing I'd say (and it's hugely hypocritical as my french is HORRIBLE) is that he needs to work on his English to get right to the top of the pile. He's improved it hugely, but sometimes he still struggles to find exactly the right word when needed to calm down a situation or get his point across.

He still sounds like a refugee from Allo, Allo.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel

Has anyone ever understood a word you ever said? :wink:

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Has anyone ever understood a word you ever said? :wink:

If they don't understand, they won't realise I'm talking bollocks. Cunning tactic.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

If that's the worst part of his game I think he would take it.
I will be honest I was not the biggest fan of his although the Eng 6N game he did changed my mind and so far (20 minutes into the final) he has backed that up with another good performance.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
If that's the worst part of his game I think he would take it.
I will be honest I was not the biggest fan of his although the Eng 6N game he did changed my mind and so far (20 minutes into the final) he has backed that up with another good performance.

I know Aus is a bit behind the times, but even in backwards Switzerland (stuck in the 70s/80s) we had the H Cup final last Saturday....