Rugby in Louisville

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
It looks Louisville may be in my future. Can any of you East Coasters (yes, Kentucky/Indiana is East Coast to me) say what kind of referee opportunities are in the area?

Rit Hinners

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Louisville isn't even in the Eastern Time Zone. That kind of logic means that Salt Lake City is on the west coast.

You're best bet is the guys in Ohio for info on rugby in that part of the country.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Do not listen to Rit. Louisville is on Eastern time. It is a great city. Very affordable, great bourbon and a little horse race in May. Louisville is in the Ohio Union. There is growing Rugby down there. You can also join us in Indiana if you want. Louisville to Indy is only a 2 hour drive. PM me and we can discuss via e-mail.

rugbydave

Referees in America
Post Likes
Salt Lake City is in the Mountain time zone, not Pacific.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
It looks Louisville may be in my future. Can any of you East Coasters (yes, Kentucky/Indiana is East Coast to me) say what kind of referee opportunities are in the area?

Get used to driving to games, Ohio is filling out availability forms right now. If you are coming this fall you should contact them. I'll PM you the contact.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
This sounds like a "If you build it, they will come" moment.

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
Louisville is only and hour from one of the best small cities in the US to live.......:biggrin:

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
I've really come to enjoy the ales and coffee of Oregon. It will be a bit of a transition to bourbon.

If all goes to plan, it won't be until November-December. Having rugby will help a bit with the culture shock. I don't mean it as negative, but as a kid I thought South Bend, IN was "down south".

So is a two-hour drive each way considered short?

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Appliance Park? Are there any other jobs left in Louisville? Good for the horseracing - no idea of the rugby.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Louisville is a southern city. It is down south. I still think Indiana is the south, so don't feel bad. Stoo48 is right. Columbus, IN is only 50 miles from Louisville and a great place to live. This is the MW. Two hours of driving is nuthin'. Just hop in your truck, pop open a 24 ounce ice cold PBR, check to make sure the guns are secure and off you go.

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
Yeah!!! Off to Louisville it is. Well, doubtful it will be Louisville itself, but close enough. Columbus, IN seems like a nice place but a bit too far of a commute.

I wonder how much beer I can get into the moving truck? I'm not looking forward to Bud Light.

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
Woody

If your in the Columbus IN area as part of your travels let me know.

Stuart

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
I got an e-mail about you today. I am working with some folks in Louisville and Ohio to get you all squared away. I was just there today for work. I will tell you they have the best restaurants in that city. We had a great dinner last night. One night we saw Ali. He does not look good.
You need to learn how to pronounce Louisville. It is Lew-a-vll. Swallow the last bit.
The good news is that you are only about an hour away from Stoo48, two hours from me and seven from DDJamo. Heck, you can be at Graceland in 6 hours.
There are lots of Rugby opportunities as well. We will work with you and Ohio to make sure you get the right development opportunities. Hopefully we won't have to send you to American language classes like we did Stoo48.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Stoo48, you are as American as they come. Your daughter is a cheerleader. She also has no British accent anymore, although she has to work hard on that. Your son is a Boy Scout and you went to the Shooteree. He has a baseball glove and will probably play in the summer. Your wife is a poster child for a stay at home mom. Your family went to Washington DC for fall break. You drive a pickup and would have bought a bigger one if MrsStoo48 would have let you. Your house has a built-in gun storage closet that is bigger than the master bedroom of your house in England. Now we just need to fill that up.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think you'll find Scouting was invented in England!