Wales v France SF

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
8 min: Red on ground legs in touch. Reaches out, rolls ball into chest. PK, intentionally 'throwing' ball into touch? . . . if my scenario is correct.

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Dangerous tackle RC. Correct decision based on the August 2011 memo I reckon.

dgilks

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Well this makes things interesting. I don't think it was deliberate but the RC was the correct call.

peperami

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Does anyone but the referees read the directive. Finally a ref sticks too it and he'll get crucified

FKlopper

Post Likes
Great decision from Rolland, cant believe the commentators are trying to defend that.

I knew it had to be red, and I'm not a referee. Get all of the commentators to become referees, so they at least have some understanding of the laws of the game.

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
17min: WC Semi-final now ruined. Why, why, why don't they allow a replacement after 10 mins for a RC?:mad:

bignij

Referees in England
Post Likes
Definite red. Commentators are clueless as per usual.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Tough call, but spot on. Commentators know nothing.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
17min: WC Semi-final now ruined. Why, why, why don't they allow a replacement after 10 mins for a RC?:mad:

What??????????????????????????????????

Clear RED Stupid player! Wales suffer because of their player. good call Rolland!

SF ruined by the Welsh CAPTAIN'S stupidity! NOT by the laws!

bignij

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's a RC. He should have thought about it before his reckless tackle. If you lift someones legs above their waist line, you have duty of care to bring him down safely, whether you drive him to the floor or just let him go.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
8 min: Red on ground legs in touch. Reaches out, rolls ball into chest. PK, intentionally 'throwing' ball into touch? . . . if my scenario is correct.

Let me get this right. Red is IN TOUCH and the ball rolls in to him and hits his chest. Is that right?

If so at what point does he throw the ball into touch?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
you guys do a GREAT job of educating me... as soon as I saw it I thought "Red Card".
Coukld somebody email the law to ITV marked FAO: Nigel Owen, who is of the opinion it was a PK AT MOST!

The pro commentator has a job to whip up controversey so _might_ be excused (or at least understood but Owen is obviously speaking from the heart-it is what he truly "understands".

didds

baftabill

Post Likes
Yes but so far Will Carling, Ben Foden, Andy Gomarsall, Martin Bayfield, Chris Bell, Austin Healy, James Simpson-Daniel, Tom Varndell have all Tweeted they think it's a wrong decision. There appears to be a huge gap between refs and non refs.

dgilks

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Admittedly, it didn't look as bad the first time at full speed. On replay though, it was a clear RC.

I'll add that the Australian commentators were of the opinion that it would probably be a RC. So not all the commentators are ignorant.

chief

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I'm sorry but this highlights a fundamental problem with the Red Card system. There is no doubt that is a dangerous tackle, and should be suspended. But it doesn't warrant a bloke spending the rest of the game off. It's killed the game.

I think most of you guys need to spend a bit of time playing our great game. The game is not about the ref. I repeat. Not about the ref!

Spear tackles in this tournament have not been red carded ever in this tournament or in previous ones. A precedent shouldn't be set this late in the tournament.

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
I think we're all agreed!

Such a shame though, completely changes the game.

edit: maybe I spoke too soon.

WinterMute

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
you guys do a GREAT job of educating me... as soon as I saw it I thought "Red Card".
Coukld somebody email the law to ITV marked FAO: Nigel Owen, who is of the opinion it was a PK AT MOST!

The pro commentator has a job to whip up controversey so _might_ be excused (or at least understood but Owen is obviously speaking from the heart-it is what he truly "understands".

didds
Red all day, start at red and nowhere else to go. Blue head and neck hit the ground first.

I don't believe my ears; the commentator on Aus Foxtel is agreeing with the ref!

Roland is having a good game so far

bignij

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm sorry but this highlights a fundamental problem with the Red Card system. There is no doubt that is a dangerous tackle, and should be suspended. But it doesn't warrant a bloke spending the rest of the game off. It's killed the game.

I think most of you guys need to spend a bit of time playing our great game. The game is not about the ref. I repeat. Not about the ref!

Spear tackles in this tournament have not been red carded ever in this tournament or in previous ones. A precedent shouldn't be set this late in the tournament.
I'm afraid we don't make the laws. We just interpret them and apply them.

Deeko

Post Likes
Definite RC.....hopefully the half time chat will concede that was correct. Can't blame anyone except the Wales captain I'm afraid....I've been done like that before so I have no sympathy.

Anyway, come on Wales!