Wales vs Eng - Knock on and Time back on after asking captain to speak to players

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Interesting that in the Ire/Eng today in the 48th minute approx on game clock the Irish were denied a try because a juggle and knock back was deemed a knock-on. Perhaps giving more credence to the Nigel Owen video?

I noticed that. I really hope WR clear this up, it's embarrassing that we don't know what constitutes a knock on

Last edited:

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I noticed that. I really hope WR clear this up, it's embarrassing that we don't know what constitutes a knock on

It was a knock-on by the Irish player behind the 'juggler', as confirmed by the TMO. I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).

That's exactly the issue though, a juggle and knock backwards . Is that a KO ?

... the NO video said that would be a KO.
..While the WB video said it wouldn't be

Last edited:

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
That's exactly the issue though, a juggle and knock backwards . Is that a KO ?

... the NO video said that would be a KO.
..While the WB video said it wouldn't be

And at a later match WB's view held sway.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
It was a knock-on by the Irish player behind the 'juggler', as confirmed by the TMO. I think that it is perfectly clear that the 'juggling' was not deemed to be a knock-on (as, from memory, the last direction that the ball traveled was backwards).

Agreed.

TMO was clear that the knock was Green 17, and not Henderson, a decision I entirely agreed with.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
And at a later match WB's view held sway.

But we shouldn't be left trying to deduce the correct approach from examples we happen to spot.
And there is sarefeeeees.duty ref, Craig J agreeing with the NO view

I don't think we really know