Walsh

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
In the Chiefs v Tahs match I would have gone for a YC. In the Reds v Highlanders game I thought that the Highlander players were more in the wrong. The level of retaliation and the fact that he was essentially third man in from 8 Blue would have had him (and possibly 5 Red) with a YC and the penalty against Blue for the second, and IMO more serious, offence. It is worth noting that under the ARU Law 10 recommended sanction any third man in is supposed to be an immediate RC.

You are kidding me, right

You see nothing wrong with the three Red players who charged the one Blue player (11) and then smashed him to the the ground. That was the last act of retailation AFAIC

For me:

Red 5 :norc: for starting the fight.

Red 1 :noyc: He was just after the third man in. He ran in from 30m away (after the whistle went) swinging fists looking for a fight; and then carried on to help mow Blue 11 down, who was doing little more than trying to break up the fight.

PK to Blue

I don't know how you can possible say that the Blue team was more "in the wrong"

Red started it, upped the ante, and then executed a 3 on 1 act of violence against a player who wasn't really involved.

I don't care what your PDF says, I'll manage it how I see it.

The writer of the PDF wasn't there when it happened, and hasn't seen it.

dgilks

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
I'm not going to comment on the side-incident involving the 3 Reds players and 11 Blue. It would suffice to suggest that there was something pretty serious going on with 11 Blue to provoke that sort of response. As for 5 Red, looking at it again, he would get a :noyc: for starting it. Importantly for me 8 Blue was not the target of 5 Red's hit, that definitely puts him in the wrong. The unfortunate thing about these circumstances is that you can penalise essentially every player that gets involved. To an extent, you have to pick and choose who you think is most in the wrong. For me, while 5 Red started it, 8 Blue had no legitimate reason to get involved and proceeded to be the most aggressive player in the fight. If it was just 5 Red and 9 Blue, 5 Red would be the only player sanctioned.

As for the document, they are just guidelines but as a referee in an Australian jurisdiction, I am expected to interpret the laws of the game in accordance with the guidance provided by the IRB, the ARU and my local Union. In this case, that means considering what happened and the guidelines we have and then coming to a decision. We obviously disagree about the correct decision, I have no problem with that.

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
For me, automatic RC for Jimmy Cowan, because he is a *****. He always seems to be involved, and constantly whinging at the referee.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
upnunder,

you're being too kind. I reckon he's a ******* *****, and, what's more, he likes to put his *** ***** **** into ****** ***'* ****.

chief

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Are you guys all serious? Jimmy Cowan deserved red for just being an asshole.

Reds number 5 deserved a yellow, as did Highlander's number 8. They had a few more players come in. Ian you have lost your mind saying red card for that.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Are you guys all serious? Jimmy Cowan deserved red for just being an asshole.

Some people deserve a Red just for turning up!!

"Let me write your name in my little book now. It will save time later on when you get sent off." :biggrin:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Moderator, please.

:norc: Michael Brown

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I thought the Walsh contribution from michael.brown was quite funny.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I thought it was pretty funny. How is it any different to one of us hijacking a thread?

Hopefully Mr Brown will engage in some-rugby talk, but if it's not spam I'm not going to delete it.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I've had a poster similar to Mr Brown popping up on a thread in a forum on which I am an Admin.

On this occasion, it was a thread entitled "Jerry Collins". The poster waxed lyrical about Jerry Collins, a linebacker that played for some NFL team in the late 1960's

The poster was in fact an automated spambot, confirmed by finding its email address and IP number listed at "stopforumspam.com". It was obviously picking up on the name in the thread.

These things work by accessing millions of web-pages, especially from forums, and dropping passages of text it lifts from them, into what appears to be a related thread in their "target" forum. They may even attempt to carry on a conversation, and when they get established, WHAM, the forum gets hit with bucketloads of spam posts.

Michel.Brown's posts is a direct lift from this web-page

http://instameme.com/joe+canning

about halfway down

Whats The Difference Between Joe Walsh And The Eagles?

<content>I can't stand the Eagles but I'm okay with Joe Walsh. When he's James Gang or Barnstorm. But I can't stand the Eagles, Boston and Black Sabbath, I like all othere classsic rock. And I mean ALL. I'm not that prejudice againstt any othere classsic rock but them.

</content>Answer: For starters, Joe Walsh brought a different, edgier sound to the Eagles. Up until the point Joe joined them, they were much softer. When he sang lead or plaid guitar, he sounded much different than Glen Frey, Don Henley and Timothy B. Schmidt. Maybe you just aren't feeling the softer side of the Eagles music and just prefer the Joe Walsh era music more. Just a suggestion...listen to some of the Eagles' lesser known music that wasn't plaid to death on the radio. They actually had some good songs that were well written and well harmonized. Some to listen to - "Victim Of Love", "Whatever Happened To Saturday Night?", "Doolin' Daltons", I don't know if that will make you like them any more, but worth a shot. Hope this helps
You should delete Michel.Brown and his post, or you could end up with a big cleanup job to do!!

EDIT:

Michel.brown has two other posts...

One about trains & taxis, and lifted directly from here

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070615015140AAYHigI

And one that is rugby related for which I haven't yet been able to find a source, however....

I can't pick a winner because on paper Oz are a better team but I knw the abs are gonna come out firing because they have a point to prove. Players to watch: Isac Ross, Matt giteau, Richie Mccaw and Stirling Mortlock.
posted in a thread about Joubert getting the super 14 final (an all South African affair) seems highly suspicious to me.

Last edited:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I've had a poster similar to Mr Brown popping up on a thread in a forum on which I am an Admin.

On this occasion, it was a thread entitled "Jerry Collins". The poster waxed lyrical about Jerry Collins, a linebacker that played for some NFL team in the late 1960's

The poster was in fact an automated spambot, confirmed by finding its email address and IP number listed at "stopforumspam.com". It was obviously picking up on the name in the thread.

These things work by accessing millions of web-pages, especially from forums, and dropping passages of text it lifts from them, into what appears to be a related thread in their "target" forum. They may even attempt to carry on a conversation, and when they get established, WHAM, the forum gets hit with bucketloads of spam posts.

Michel.Brown's posts is a direct lift from this web-page

http://instameme.com/joe+canning

about halfway down

You should delete Michel.Brown and his post, or you could end up with a big cleanup job to do!!

EDIT:

Michel.brown has two other posts...

One about trains & taxis, and lifted directly from here

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070615015140AAYHigI

And one that is rugby related for which I haven't yet been able to find a source, however....

posted in a thread about Joubert getting the super 14 final (an all South African affair) seems highly suspicious to me.

It's here

I think "he" should be banned.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
I'm looking into it now, please delete his posts from your posts as well.

Thanks

Not listed as a spammer IP.