What age can you do ELRA?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
That's interesting. Can I assume then that the Hants Society Training Officer is not also the Hants ELRA training delivery operative?

If so, is this common among the Societies?

yes -very common, especially in the bigger Societies.

You are lucky with John F in Berkshire (and a relatively small membership Society) that he is retired and has time to spend time on both paid and volunteer roles. But also it is dangerous to have all "eggs in one person" - hence we have a TDO (KML1), a Society Devpt Squad Manager (and poss next TDO), a YOA trainer (Young Officials Award) and ELRA Trainer, plus developing a new Mini-Midi trainer (who may become next ELRA trainer). Crucial to have a succcession plan in place.

TDO has the Soceity Meetings, and various Continuous Development and Society training to do.
Plus there is a new Extended Referee Development Award (ERDA) of two core modules (PRDP and Self Management), which is only available to Federation referees and if qualified the TDO could do that as FedTDO.

big fish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Phil - after Madejski on Saturday I would be keeping my head down !

Cheers for reminding me also Simon, after 3 hours counselling at the pub yesterday I had just got over the shame of being a Baggie, now im gonna have to have more counselling, although with all our yo-yoing between divisions you would have thought i'd be used to disappointment.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Gents (at risk of getting demands for proof from the likes on nealed, PaulDG etc) I know that the minimum age for ELRA attendance is 14 years old.

I actually had reason to follow this up when the ELRA was introduced and yes, Simon, I can certainly confirm it was 14 years.

Though, it really must be said, that since the course does, or at least did, have a minimum age requirement, why they heck isn't that on the RFU website?

What is wrong with those people!?!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
you would have thought i'd be used to disappointment.
Yep. Especially after the big one - opening your eyes and realising you'd been born in Birmingham! All life's other disappointments pale into insignificance after that.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Though, it really must be said, that since the course does, or at least did, have a minimum age requirement, why they heck isn't that on the RFU website?

it is. it's on the application form.

What is wrong with those people!?!

apparently nothing :biggrin:

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
it is. it's on the application form.

Now that's weird.

Just before posting my comment, I downloaded the form from the RFU website to check.

What I downloaded isn't anything like what can be downloaded now (though it seemed to be a perfectly reasonable, though black-and-white ELRA form).

I can't see anything in the current form that suggests it's a new file and I doubt if the RFU have suddenly fixed the site as a result of reading this forum in the last hour or so.

So something "odd" must have happened.

Oh well. I take it back then.