Where are you this weekend? 2013-14

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Got our Fresher's game this weekend, which i'll be doing between our youths and Northampton Casuals... then doing half a game between Northampton Uni vs England Deaf down at Kettering RUFC for Round 2! They beat us by a few points last time, but hopefully we wont be playing on bloody 3g shite!

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ran AR last night for Royal Navy vs RAF.

Was terrible, worst game of rugby I have seen in a long time.

Nothing this week :( bad times.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well that sucks.

Glad to hear the Wharfe game went well though. You'll be reffing at Headingley soon!

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Moseley v Plymouth for me. Nice way to end the league season!

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
My last ever game on the Panel, Launceston v Shelford, Off to coach players how to play whist being able to watch them on a Saturday as well,

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel

It was an absolute shocker of a game, 0-0 at half time, glad i was sat in stand with a beer!

Saturday running as AR/IGJ for Boroughmuir 7's then Sunday in the middle for U16 Regional final's day at Dunbar which will be my last games of the season due to an impending trip to Kenya!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
My last ever game on the Panel, Launceston v Shelford, Off to coach players how to play whist being able to watch them on a Saturday as well,

I hope the Polson Bridge faithful give you a good send off,
Lanson in the sun, delightful.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

One hell of a match to bow out on - have a good one Tonks.

Thanks for all the years you put in on Panel.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Have a good one Womble!

Been woken up by the rain so I'm expecting a really wet one today, 8 hours til kick off!

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Have a great one Womble, you are going to be sorely missed. Can you tell us, what is the procedure if you switch to become a coach? Do you have to hand in your senses of objectivity, responsibility and fair play? :)

As its your last game as a panel ref, could you take the opportunity to right a few wrongs? For example, could you spend large parts of the game slagging off the scrum half about his tactical decisions, or every minute or so hurl derogatory comments across the pitch to the coaches about their choice of strategies? Don't leave the crowd out, how about "Even if I was blind you would still be ugly, I mean everyone has the right to be ugly, but you guys are abusing it".

This is an opportunity not to be missed. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Busiest weekend ever.

Friday - 7s tournament.
Sat - Twickenham (first time officiating there)
Sunday - Yorkshire Sheild Final
Monday - RFU Junior Premiership tournament

FML I will be knackered, good job I am taking my own physio :)

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

So the questions has to be, will you be moving society for your homes clubs refs now :wink:

See you at Frome?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Have a great one Womble, you are going to be sorely missed. Can you tell us, what is the procedure if you switch to become a coach? Do you have to hand in your senses of objectivity, responsibility and fair play? :)

As its your last game as a panel ref, could you take the opportunity to right a few wrongs? For example, could you spend large parts of the game slagging off the scrum half about his tactical decisions, or every minute or so hurl derogatory comments across the pitch to the coaches about their choice of strategies? Don't leave the crowd out, how about "Even if I was blind you would still be ugly, I mean everyone has the right to be ugly, but you guys are abusing it".

This is an opportunity not to be missed. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

He could keep score for once :wink:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Tonight, 4th for the county final, (knee still not 100%) and then 7's on Saturday (have asked for the ladies games :wink: )

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Busiest weekend ever.

Friday - 7s tournament.
Sat - Twickenham (first time officiating there)
Sunday - Yorkshire Sheild Final
Monday - RFU Junior Premiership tournament

FML I will be knackered, good job I am taking my own physio :)

Andy - that sounds maybe too much activity on consecutive days. Be careful. Performance may suffer on day 3 and 4 and you make yourself more susceptible to injury.

As an example a fast track L6 of mine did three matches in three days recently all testing matches. He is super fit, having done 16 + on yo yo recently without breaking sweat.

All were important 'exposure' matches and watched by different very senior RFU folks on Friday and Sunday, and me for a L6 League match on the Saturday - Friday was Quins Academy and Sunday a National Colts semi-final so both very quick.

He did not perform to potential on the Sunday after two previous matches and significant travel.

Wert Twacky

Referees in England
Post Likes
Glaws v Oirish on Sat as spectator, then clipboard charlie on Sunday at the Mem as Brizzol take on the lads from ooop North in BIC semi.

As a Bath fan, this grates me..... ;-)