Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
likewise, if it survives the weather

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Nice easy run for my lvl 8 Saturday. Stowmarket v Beccles.

Beware the ugly sisters of complacency and over-confidence, who have a nasty habit of biting you in the rear when you least expect it.

No such thing as an easy run at L8 :)

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Supposed to have Academy v St Aloysius College on Sat morning but not holding much hope that it's going to go ahead, given that I could have snowboarded to work and then canoed back home.

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Supposed to have Academy v St Aloysius College on Sat morning but not holding much hope that it's going to go ahead, given that I could have snowboarded to work and then canoed back home.

Don't you miss the dry climate of East Anglia?

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Beware the ugly sisters of complacency and over-confidence, who have a nasty habit of biting you in the rear when you least expect it.

No such thing as an easy run at L8 :)

I was refering to the 20mile drive rather than the game. Stowmarket beat second to top last weekend away. So absolutly not being complacent.

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Nothing for me yet. Looks like I'm going to watch my hometown club Macclesfield with one of our panel referees. Then in Halifax on Sunday for Team North's training day.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I was refering to the 20mile drive rather than the game. Stowmarket beat second to top last weekend away. So absolutly not being complacent.

Oops sorry for mis-interpretation !

Yes good survival points for Stowmarket v Cantabs.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

at least while they're biting you on the bum you don't have to look at their ugly faces

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Home team have emailed me, pitch is flooded, looking for a new location.. :-( a game where I am being watched as well

Fingers crossed

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Oops sorry for mis-interpretation !

Yes good survival points for Stowmarket v Cantabs.

Shame Stowmarket aren't playing how they should be. They should be top of London 3 by some distance but they just have not hit form at all this year.

I'm going to Wilmslow again - a trip I'm quite looking forward to - then it's my 19th birthday on Sunday so no Rugby for me!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Friday night Tigers v Scarlets.
Trialing a new initiative of mine where we show the referees signals and primary/secondary explanations on the big screen.
Got permission from World Rugby to use their referee signals videos off the laws website.
All part of our plan to make the game more understandable to the less well initiated.

:eek:fftopic:
I have moved the discussion around this to a new thread (sorry, its in the Ref only forum), as I can see it hijacking the thread otherwise.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Certain people, I miss but I don't mind the climate here. It's been lovely and snowy all week, which makes for great cycling :pepper:
Don't you miss the dry climate of East Anglia?

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just got an appointment having made myself available late in the day.

Off to Old Richians 2 v Newent 2 . L9/10 I think.

Kept the weekend free 'cos had to prepare for teaching the new Level 2 course for the first time tomorrow but that has gone well and family are out so why not��

Can't believe how excited I am! Really looking forward to it.

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just got an appointment having made myself available late in the day.

Off to Old Richians 2 v Newent 2 . L9/10 I think.

Kept the weekend free 'cos had to prepare for teaching the new Level 2 course for the first time tomorrow but that has gone well and family are out so why not��

Can't believe how excited I am! Really looking forward to it.

Half way there - game off ��

However, got myself into Minchinhampton 2 v Cinderford 4. I guess it was L14.

What a nice game. 0-74. Only 8 pens and 1 FK all game. Smiles all round.

I love rugby ��

Wednesday sees me at Hartpury 2 v Exeter Uni. L6. Might be more tired after that one.......

John3822

Active Referee
Post Likes
Just checked my appointments for next week. Camberley v London Welsh Junior vase quarterfinal. No pressure there then!!

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
How are london Welsh in the junior vase?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
London Welsh Amateurs currently lying 3rd in Herts/Middlesex 1

Harlequins and Saracens have amateur sides at the next level down L10 and Wasps had an amateur side too but not sure where they are now.

The interesting ones are London Irish Wild Geese (always been the LI second side and a real power in the 1970s even with B52 :) - in those days they, Quins Wanderers, Richmond Saxons, London Scots Picts, London Welsh Druids were very good sides and regularly turning out internationals in their teams.

Over the last decade Wild Geese have had access to the original and now the new Professional training grounds in Sunbury, some coaching support, and some Academy / AASE St Paul's College players. They are currently top of National 3 (London & SE) and were up in National 2 last season. Originally called London Irish Amateurs, I reffed them at L7 in Hampshire around 2007/08 as they were climbing up the leagues,mother renamed as Wild Geese three seasons ago and are a separate financially entity to the professional club.

Last edited: