Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend:-

N2N - AR2

Huddersfield v Lymm

Bottom (14th) v 9th. Huddersfield look doomed having picked up only 1 win in 11 games. Lymm have looked capable of a mid-table finish and have a couple of very decent players (at this level). Lymm have a plastic pitch so depending on the weather may not be as free flowing in the paddy fields of Lockwood Park.

It'll be a shame if Huddersfield drop out of the National Leagues - it's a very picturesque ground.

lockwood.jpg

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
That must be one of the most striking rugby pitches in the country!

Also Bath.

Where else ?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
In London pitches are mainly bordered by people's back gardens. But a shout out to Teddington in a corner of Bushy Park, games not infrequently attracting deer to watch :) .

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Cottesloe RUFC, a suburb of Perth on the Indian Ocean 👍

Attachments

• 20231211_214642.jpg
    20231211_214642.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 3

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not Rugby but Bamburgh CC sits in the shadow of Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland. The North Sea is the other side of the castle.bamburgh.jpg

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Not Rugby but Bamburgh CC sits in the shadow of Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland. The North Sea is the other side of the castle.
In the spirit of nice locations that have nothing to do with rugby ... :)

Attachments

• Mount-Everest.jpg
    Mount-Everest.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 1

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Nowhere for the next few months. Fractured 5th metatarsal tonight out running. That’ll teach me to try to keep fit, Bugger!1702334563368.jpeg

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Ah. Yes. Windsor.

Where we turned up with only 13 due to illness, they had a full bench but declined a request to give us players to even the sides up.
Where despite playing with a 6 man pack constantly destroyed their 8 man scrum so their ball was very poor.
Where after an hour we were winning.
Where magically their hooker had a sore neck and couldn't continue in the front row.
But was fit enough to play on the wing.
Where the ref queried this but was assured the ex hooker now wing was OK to continue. Where the scrum became uncontested.
Where the ref said he was very unhappy with what had happened, but couldn't do anything about it.
Where they could now get clean unpressured ball, and run around the overlap.
Where we dropped to a 3 man scrum to fill up the backline
Where the ref then penalised us for < 5 in the scrum (which is of course correct by law; I was just trying to "equal" up the urine extraction)
Where I (pack leader/VC) suggested to the ref that it wasn't us that was extracting the urine from this game
Where the ref agreed with me
Where they ended up winning as a direct result of a depowered scrum and a two man advantage
Where they were loudly and joyfully singing and celebrating their win in the showers after the game
Where the ref sought me out and apologised to me for the stupid scenarios that had played out that he couldn't prevent.

And where my wife overheard two Windsor wives/GFs saying that Windsor were playing Devizes - a "bunch of yokel hicks".

That Windsor. Nice people..

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Ah. Yes. Windsor.

Where we turned up with only 13 due to illness, they had a full bench but declined a request to give us players to even the sides up.
Where despite playing with a 6 man pack constantly destroyed their 8 man scrum so their ball was very poor.
Where after an hour we were winning.
Where magically their hooker had a sore neck and couldn't continue in the front row.
But was fit enough to play on the wing.
Where the ref queried this but was assured the ex hooker now wing was OK to continue. Where the scrum became uncontested.
Where the ref said he was very unhappy with what had happened, but couldn't do anything about it.
Where they could now get clean unpressured ball, and run around the overlap.
Where we dropped to a 3 man scrum to fill up the backline
Where the ref then penalised us for < 5 in the scrum (which is of course correct by law; I was just trying to "equal" up the urine extraction)
Where I (pack leader/VC) suggested to the ref that it wasn't us that was extracting the urine from this game
Where the ref agreed with me
Where they ended up winning as a direct result of a depowered scrum and a two man advantage
Where they were loudly and joyfully singing and celebrating their win in the showers after the game
Where the ref sought me out and apologised to me for the stupid scenarios that had played out that he couldn't prevent.

And where my wife overheard two Windsor wives/GFs saying that Windsor were playing Devizes - a "bunch of yokel hicks".

That Windsor. Nice people..
thats was great. When was this, who was the ref?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
View attachment 4722
I would be invoking law 3.22.C "sorry guys, neck injury, I'm concerned. He can't play off he goes or the game is off.

Same here. If he's not fit to play in the scrum, he's not fit to play full stop. Safety first.
And if he causes uncontested scrum, you play with 14.