I know where Eddie will be

Attachments

• GBUTJjnWIAASrJL.jpeg.jpg
    GBUTJjnWIAASrJL.jpeg.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 7

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
You Aussies, all wanted him gone, then completely furious when he left ...

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
1st appointments for 2024 are out and I start with Hartlepool vs Acklam, side by side mid table (DN1 L7) - anyone know how to lose 3kg of Turkey by Saturday? 🤷‍♂️😋

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Been a while since I've posted - life got in the way - got a mini promotion up to 9/1 in December, to then have to cry off multiple games to a nasty chest infection.

Meant to be doing top v bottom in Counties 3 on Saturday, but text received to say pitch underwater - pitch inspection tomorrow by a fellow ref to see if even with a further 24 hours it'll dry out more.

Sunday - an U16 Girls Cup match followed by a L8 U18 colts game at a side with an absolute killer of a hill on the 1st XV Pitch - hoping that my mini-pre season over the last 2 weeks is enough to hold out.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Happy New Year all.

First game of 2024.

This weekend Nat 2 North - AR2 (what else?)

• Billingham v Fylde

Plastic pitch, so previously wet and now cold weather shouldn't impact on game's prospects of happening,

On a related note I checked out the weather at Billingham for Saturday and was alarmed to see it was forecast for - 24 degrees Celcius before I realised I'd selected Billings, Montana... :)

Fun fact - it's 17 years ago (1st Jan 2007) since CTPE was introduced.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Happy New Year all.

First game of 2024.

This weekend Nat 2 North - AR2 (what else?)

• Billingham v Fylde

Plastic pitch, so previously wet and now cold weather shouldn't impact on game's prospects of happening,

On a related note I checked out the weather at Billingham for Saturday and was alarmed to see it was forecast for - 24 degrees Celcius before I realised I'd selected Billings, Montana... :)

Fun fact - it's 17 years ago (1st Jan 2007) since CTPE was introduced.

Enjoy, Billingham are a decent club punching above their weight, above 5 mins from me and I get to play on the plastic there quite often, although if it snows it still gets frozen off, not an 'all weather' pitch!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Enjoy, Billingham are a decent club punching above their weight, above 5 mins from me and I get to play on the plastic there quite often, although if it snows it still gets frozen off, not an 'all weather' pitch!
I was there earlier in the season. Nice club but when it's full the acoustics upstairs are appalling!!

I know the crumb claggs together if it's too cold but hopefully the "smog" will keep the ice away. ;)

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I was there earlier in the season. Nice club but when it's full the acoustics upstairs are appalling!!

I know the crumb claggs together if it's too cold but hopefully the "smog" will keep the ice away. ;)

Yeah, and that's the expanded upstairs, well the balcony anyway - just don't step offsite, you might have to engage with the locals!

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Been a while since I've posted - life got in the way - got a mini promotion up to 9/1 in December, to then have to cry off multiple games to a nasty chest infection.

Meant to be doing top v bottom in Counties 3 on Saturday, but text received to say pitch underwater - pitch inspection tomorrow by a fellow ref to see if even with a further 24 hours it'll dry out more.

Sunday - an U16 Girls Cup match followed by a L8 U18 colts game at a side with an absolute killer of a hill on the 1st XV Pitch - hoping that my mini-pre season over the last 2 weeks is enough to hold out.
I survived them - pitches were beyond atrocious. L8 Colts game was a dream - ended 28-28

This weekend - L10 Counties 4 game - the home team who hadn't won all season won convincingly in the second half, then a L8 Colts Cup match that the Home team won convincingly as well..

No rugby next weekend as I'm away for my Birthday.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Season kick off activities Saturday - front row dispensations, Rugby Ready etc.
Sunday, Woemn's rugby, which hasn;t been around in Alice for quite a while.

Saturday's high will be 101 (38 celsius) and Sunday 102. I'm lucky though - it will only be 95 when we kick off!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's -5 c this morning in London !
Hopefully it will warm up over the week else my u18 game Sunday morning won't happen

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend Nat 2 North - AR2

• Tynedale v Lymm

First visit to Tynedale this season. 4th gig with Lymm.

Mid table clash with Lymm hoping to pull clear of relegation scrap and Tynedale consolidating their mid-table mediocrity. :)

Tynedale is located in the pleasant town of Corbridge and the ground nestles twixt the river and the railway. Nice food!!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend - back on the whistle.

L10 - Counties 4 Yorkshire (Phase 2 South) - don't ask.

Thornensians v Hessle

The club I played for. I have usually tried to steer clear of refereeing there over the years but the Appointments guy is desperate. :)

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Season starts Saturday.

First Society in Australia to be playing under new tackle height laws, or so I've been informed.