Where I referee....

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Robbie,

He is not kidding, DrStu went out there last summer, and within hours of arriving Barker had him armed to the teeth.

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
Its a great place, the weather is interesting (understatement). My pick up is on the drive, its too big to fit in the garage.

Still need to find a gun rack before buying gun. Can't really see the gaffer going for a weapon....

As for allergies I have never suffered, we will see how things go regarding that.

I must be getting better as a referee as I had to order new glasses today, bi focals for reading in detail my notes when handing out red cards.....

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
Oh and off to Texas on Monday for the week.....

Dry weather I hope!

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes

Last edited:

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
No, just quick draws.

Last edited:

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
I am going to a silent auction tonight to raise money for our Church. I hope I get this:

Fire a round with Father Dan

A priceless opportunity for a party of up to 8 to spend an afternoon at the Indiana Gun Club with crack shot Fr. Dan for a round of sporting clays! Your party will continue back at the rectory with a wild game feast with Fr. Dan prepared by Name Changed. Dates and times to be mutually agreed upon. Experience is not necessary…get a group together and come prepared to shoot straight (hopefully) and to feast on the beast!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
We have weekly shoots in a number of farms around us on Sunday mornings - mostly clays but sometimes pheasant (in season), and mostly locals attending. Many of our friends locally hold shotgun licences.

We ourselves hold an annual event in our paddocks, where we hold the village welly wanging championship, three legged steeplechase, and we have had some clay shooting at that as the kids got older.

A couple of times over the summer I host a number of local guns for Sunday breakfast shoots to control the rabbit population - friends do similar.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
http://www.altonarchers.co.uk/ - my neighbour is very keen member and been a few times with him but no time with rugby. I could hardly pull his trad longbow, his compound bow was much easier. He is Norwegian and is into target axe throwing too - bit of a crazy guy :)

Historic archery culture is very strong in Hampshire. All target based not animals.

Alton (nearest town to village) has an area called The Butts - used since Middle Ages for archery practice and still for annual competition.