Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dog whistle!!!

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Lenin1924

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Yes you may ask.

It cost me £5 (including postage). I have an older Acme Thunderer from a couple of years ago when I helped out with Mini rugby so that's now my back-up whistle.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yes you may ask.

It cost me £5 (including postage). I have an older Acme Thunderer from a couple of years ago when I helped out with Mini rugby so that's now my back-up whistle.

Glad you have the back up. It was an honest question as I run the haberdashery for Hampshire and am always looking for new sources of products; I would be grateful if you would let me know from whom you purchased said whistle?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I have an older Acme Thunderer from a couple of years ago when I helped out with Mini rugby so that's now my back-up whistle.

In great Soviet of Referees, referee not have whistle - whistle have referee.

I have to ask - Lenin1924. Because? (I mean, I get the significance of the date, but it's an unusual usrname...)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Glad you have the back up. It was an honest question as I run the haberdashery for Hampshire and am always looking for new sources of products; I would be grateful if you would let me know from whom you purchased said whistle?

Deeps

Have you written to Acme themselves asking for a price?
If you are buying in any sort of quantity I am sure they would give you a deal?
They also do very nice wrist lanyards now.

Simon Topman Chief Executive
info@acmewhistles.co.uk.removethislastbit
Tel: 0121 554 2124

gillburt

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have three Acmes - each with a different pitch (I haven;t managed to play tune yet)

In addition I have two plastic whistles that I happily loan out, but never use myself.

In addition, I have a bag of 50(ish) presharpened pencils and a ream of A4 blank paper, two pairs of rugby boots and a clean towel. For my day job, I regularly cart about 30-40 rugby balls, 150+ cones, 100+tag belts, 50 bibs, a few crash pads, a waterproof box containing my 86 CRBs, and about half a tonne of mud between October and early March. On top of that there is a regular ad ever changing lost property haul of tracksuits, club tops, boots, water bottles and half chewed gumshields left lying around.

I think I put my son in the back once. Haven't seen him since.

The car smells like a farm, looks like a farmyard and drives like a tractor.

No self respecting thief would be seen breaking in to it.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Deeps

Have you written to Acme themselves asking for a price?
If you are buying in any sort of quantity I am sure they would give you a deal?
They also do very nice wrist lanyards now.

Simon Topman Chief Executive
info@acmewhistles.co.uk.removethislastbit
Tel: 0121 554 2124

The lanyards are awesome. I have 3 of them which have my whistles on them and they are a lot better than the old one I was using in the past.

Rit Hinners

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I always preferred the ring type whistle depicted in the advertisement the link listed. No lanyard necessary and no groping to catch the whistle.

Iron_Lung

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I always preferred the ring type whistle depicted in the advertisement the link listed. No lanyard necessary and no groping to catch the whistle.

I would have said the same until I watched a ref dislocate his fingers using one. I use the same lanyard as Oli and find that it sits up quite nicely into my hand if you use the separator to create two loops and put one around your wrist and the other over your thumb.

Lenin1924

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
In great Soviet of Referees, referee not have whistle - whistle have referee.

I have to ask - Lenin1924. Because? (I mean, I get the significance of the date, but it's an unusual usrname...)

I did a degree in Russian from 2002-2007 and lived in Moscow in 2004/05. Got to drink in the Moscow Dragons Rugby Club pub. :D

Now just entering my last year of law school before starting work in September 2011.

Lenin1924

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes

It was just off an Ebay seller. Name escapes me at the moment. Will have a look for you.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
No self respecting thief would be seen breaking in to it.

i should make my car more like yours. the other weekend i was in Liverpool (brother in law getting married, i certainly didn't go there for fun) and, first night, my car got broken into. they stole nothing. they even looked through all of my CDs, and rejected every single one.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
i should make my car more like yours. the other weekend i was in Liverpool (brother in law getting married, i certainly didn't go there for fun) and, first night, my car got broken into. they stole nothing. they even looked through all of my CDs, and rejected every single one.
There's got to be a joke in there somewhere. :D

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Don't tell me they couldn't even be bothered to nick your wheels? What cr&p are you driving?