white boots attention

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Plus, we all know the only reason you're doing so well at the moment is because I left and they had to fill the void:holysheep:

Ha ha maybe ;)

BFG, yeah gels in black are very hard to get, even the hybrids are only made in white.

As someone else has said, maybe its like skins etc, on the pitch nowadays its common place.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
as you know Andy at L6 and hopefully next season at L5 you get watched more than enough !

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
as you know Andy at L6 and hopefully next season at L5 you get watched more than enough !

You are allways watched, every game, no matter what the lvl....there are BIG eyes out there.....

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
You are allways watched, every game, no matter what the lvl....there are BIG eyes out there.....
You've obviously not reffed down in the weed in Cumbria Womble but if you're ever up here I'm sure Moresby v Gosforth would be available for you!!

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
You've obviously not reffed down in the weed in Cumbria Womble but if you're ever up here I'm sure Moresby v Gosforth would be available for you!!

If I'm ever up that way it would be an honor to come and do a propper game..... I will give you a shout

peperami

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
I'm a black boot fan, but to be honest i've been looking for weeks now for some replacements for my Asics Leathal, whci aren't going to make it to the end of this season, but with no luck! :chin:

Good black boots are going to be a thing of the past very soon!

Anyone found any I am struggling to find any black boots to replace my lethals.

Ben

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
I went for white asics gels this year, dont seem keen on the black.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Anyone found any I am struggling to find any black boots to replace my lethals.

Ben

Asics Gel, Lethal IGS. Mainly black.

I have the IGS 3 which are black with red flashes and very comfortable.
IGS 5 is black on the outboard side and white on the inboard side.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
If you wear white boots then ensure that your black laces are clean and ironed.... :)

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
They're incredibly light and the slight forward angle will give you a nice pop on the first step. They've served me well over summer 7s this year
As typically not a fan of asics, I bit the bullet and am buying the pair above. I've got a local 7s gig in 2 weeks, so I'll try them out there (they're not the fastest shoes for 7s, but my take on it is that I want to test their comfort first).

Being an Amazon Prime member, I'll get'em Thursday. I can always return them if I dont like 'em.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
(they're not the fastest shoes for 7s, but my take on it is that I want to test their comfort first).

Getting your excuses in early eh?

Assessor: you seemed a little slow?
Bryan: yes its my new shoes, they aren't as fast as I am!!

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
As typically not a fan of asics, I bit the bullet and am buying the pair above. I've got a local 7s gig in 2 weeks, so I'll try them out there (they're not the fastest shoes for 7s, but my take on it is that I want to test their comfort first).

Being an Amazon Prime member, I'll get'em Thursday. I can always return them if I dont like 'em.

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Lethal-Testimonial-Soccer-Black/dp/B006H3AKNG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346721920&sr=8-3&keywords=asics+lethals

Why not go with these? They are apparently a little lighter and as they are still Asics then they will be good for the foot.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Lethal-...&qid=1346721920&sr=8-3&keywords=asics+lethals

Why not go with these? They are apparently a little lighter and as they are still Asics then they will be good for the foot.
I normally wear the "blade" variety, due to their lighter weight. I also just dont like the feel of the moulded studs, but hey for $60 I'll have a go (at worse they're relegated to AR boots).

Getting your excuses in early eh?
Assessor: you seemed a little slow?
I'd probably just agree. There's no hiding on the telly (well, technically I guess there is if you're 20m behind play and out of the screen shot!)

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
So do you think I should change my boots then? A bit of dubbin , a couple of stitches in the leather around the heel and i've only needed to nail on two leather studs in the last couple of years! They don't make them Like they used to:pepper: Find the laces tend to snap if you bleach them too much!

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
stu would wear his used up trainers before he would spring for boots that expensive...that's why...

Is he from Yorkshire?!?

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Interesting question, Drift.

Yorkshire folk have a reputation of being careful with money, but also quite shrewd (there is the old saw about a Yorkshireman being the only person who can buy from a Jew and sell to a Scot and still make a profit).

In light of which we understand that expensive boots last far longer pro-rata than cheap boots. For instance a cheap pair may last season, a pair costing three times as much may well last 5 or 6 seasons. We can do sums.