Who to ask about spreading the word on my new Rugby Ref app

fatscally

Post Likes
Before I get ear bashed for spamming I'm trying to find who (moderator) to clear with to tell Refs about the new app I'm working on.

I tried to PM Robert Burns since his name came to me on sign up but apparently I'm not privileged enough ;)

I'll be needing people to try it out and give me feedback to perfect it. Oh it's Free by the way ;)

Cheers,

Ray.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have forwarded the text of your post to Robbie by private message. He'll come back to you in due course.

fatscally

Post Likes
Guys I haven't heard anything back but I'm sure it's no biggie.
I've written a Referee's app for Windows Phone (Android to come).
The link and all the infos are here...
http://www.theclubreferee.com/TheApps.aspx

I'm looking for feedback to make it a great app for all to use.
(Rugby League scoring being added soon)

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Sorry, been away with work.

I'll give it a go, as will others, anything that's good for rugby/refs is good here!

fatscally

Post Likes
That's a relief! :)

Most people that have tried it have loved it. So far so good but a long way to go to perfection.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
as you say a long way to go but you have to start somewhere !

you shoud consider other data items that need recording that mirror a Society scorecard & watch :

Auto calculate end time for each half (and settings for 40, 35, 30 & 25 mins) with time-off capability for playing time, and audio or vibrate alarm, plus non-stopped running (elapsed) time as well.
Replacements # off, #on and time and if tactical or injury
Notes re red card dismissal(s)
Notes re serious injury(s)
Blood bin

fatscally

Post Likes

you shoud consider other data items that need recording that mirror a Society scorecard & watch :

Auto calculate end time for each half (and settings for 40, 35, 30 & 25 mins) with time-off capability for playing time, and audio or vibrate alarm, plus non-stopped running (elapsed) time as well.
Blood bin

Blood bin

Thanks Simon. This is the feedback I need.

See the screens (for Windows Phone) here...
http://www.theclubreferee.com/TheApps/WindowsPhone71.aspx

It has Time Off. Tap the clock button, it goes red and starts a Time Off counter to record Time Off current and totals. When Time is On the Off counter is added to the half's total time off count and the match total time off count.

It has non-stopped total match time.

I haven't added an End of Half alarm yet because Time Off will keep moving that alarm time, but it is on my To-Do list. I didn't stress over it because no matter we'll have to keep an eye on the clock anyway right?

I wanted to see if people would ask for variable length halves. - Noted.

Track Replacements noted. Will that put in a sub menu. (Opposed to a quick access)

Taking notes, we might make a list to choose from rather than typing?

fatscally

Post Likes
Just working on adding Rugby LEAGUE scores to the app now. I haven't had much of a chance to work on it due to exams etc but at least that's on the way :)

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Would you like a hand with making it work for League? There's more we do differently than four points for a try and one for a drop goal.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Would you like a hand with making it work for League? There's more we do differently than four points for a try and one for a drop goal.

So true you don't scrum and you harass whippets whilst wearing questionable caps! :pepper:

fatscally

Post Likes
Sure all help and ideas are welcome but be warned I'm in the middle of a pile of study and work so I'm not getting a fraction of the time I need to work on this app.
I've added RL scoring, what else would you suggest? Interchanges? How much stuff do you keep track of?

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Interchange support would be nice for when I get to do interchange or 4th. So would something to mark players on report. I'll have a think.

fatscally

Post Likes
Just finishing up adding a "Tackle Reminder" for RL mode.
I've had it in the past where play was stopped for someone getting knocked out or something and by the time play restarted I'd forgotten what tackle we were on. So now while hitting Time Off I can hit the Tackle number.