Woo Hoo..... Internationals here I come!!!!

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just to clarify Finland & Luxemburg are 92 and 93rd on the IRB rankings, that is to say, last and second last.

92(92)
LUX.gif
LUXEMBOURG
93(93)
FIN.gif
FINLAND

<tbody>
</tbody>

It's still an international game though!

Bottom of one table is top of another. I should know, I support Newcastle Falcons!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Well done Flip Flop enjoy it, and welcome to the International Club (Estonia U18 v Latvia U18 six years ago - locally not FIRA appointment, as Estonia back them were not IRB / FIRA members)

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Maybe it's time I added a hall of fame with members that have refereed an international match?
I wouldn't. Members use the forums due to the "grassroots" nature of it, not due to the international referee contributors. A few RFU Panel kids, a few "creepers" from higher admin levels, but really that's all there is. I think we'd be going towards something we're not really meant to do. Yeah, ok, it's a nice thought, but I'd rather it not become a pissing contest, as folks who referee at lower grades or youth for their club get as much benefit from this as those refereeing higher-skilled matches. That's just my point of view.

I would swap my "international" match for the games you had.......
I wasnt saying I'm not grateful/proud to have refereed those teams, just that by any standard these werent capped internationals (they fall under the "games" category). My first cap will be at 7s, but again, it's a 7s cap, not an international 15s, so again it doesnt "count"...again, not that I'm complaining!

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
A good point Bryan,

But it is the ultimate achievement/ambition of all referees to referee a proper international game (no offence Flip Flop). Quite a few of our members started here a number of years ago as low level refs and have risen well and refereed now at high levels (yourself, Jacko, KML1 (though he was already Group when I started this), sgoat).

But it is true, the sight is mainly for the grassroots level, but always nice to see the grassroots guys go up to the big show.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
But it is the ultimate achievement/ambition of all referees to referee a proper international game (no offence Flip Flop).

None taken - I know I've reffed better games in the UK, and better games even in Switzerland then this International (which is a proper international - think you mean Tier 1 International)

I'll take the game seriously, but it isn't exactly a world class game, hence my main aim is to get the commissioner (assessor) to say I was the best person on the park, and should be up much higher. A FIRA-AER European Nations Cup League 1 B would be a much more serious game, and getting to 1A would be a real achievement. So I use this as a stepping stone.

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
A good point Bryan,

But it is the ultimate achievement/ambition of all referees to referee a proper international game (no offence Flip Flop). Quite a few of our members started here a number of years ago as low level refs and have risen well and refereed now at high levels (yourself, Jacko, KML1 (though he was already Group when I started this), sgoat).

But it is true, the sight is mainly for the grassroots level, but always nice to see the grassroots guys go up to the big show.

Absolutely.

NickIRB.jpg

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
While wearing your IRB kit?

Of course!:biggrin:

Edit: When I was young - about 13-14 - I used to go and watch Leeds Utd a lot. We used to stand near a daft lad called Ken who always had a plastic bag with him. One day we asked what was in it. It was a Leeds kit and his boots. "You never know" he confided with wink. I cried laughing.

I longed for the day when the tannoy announced "Bing Bong: Joe Jordan is stuck in traffic has anyone got their boots?" :pepper:

Edit #2: All this joshing is a poor attempt to cover up my envy!:biggrin::bday:

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yes, a very nice stadium in an absolutely horrible neighborhood.
Probably built by the same bloke responsible for the Stade de France, then. No offence to anyone living in St Denis, but ... uurrghhhh!

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Probably built by the same bloke responsible for the Stade de France, then. No offence to anyone living in St Denis, but ... uurrghhhh!

I like that they list is as Harrison, when it is only just in there, but they didn't want to list it as Newark.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I like that they list is as Harrison, when it is only just in there, but they didn't want to list it as Newark.

Only just in there. So how far "in" does it have to be?

As a referee you should know........if it's in, it's in. If it's out it's out. :biggrin: