Search results

1. R

All Blacks Disapointing?

I happened onto this article... http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5365545/All-Blacks-hammer-poor-Springboks I haven't seen the game yet but I can't help but wonder.... How can the author be so disolute about the ABs beating the Boks 40-7? I guess I'm going to have to watch a...
  2. R

USA telvision and the RWC

Where can I find it?
  3. R

Solving the Reset-scrum Issue

I think I've come up with an idea that could solve the issue of scrums having to be constantly reset. It would require no Law changes and nothing from the reff. Pay ALL front row players based on how many scrums are sucessfully compleated. Any scrum that is reset will not count.:D I have no...
  4. R

USA Collegate Rugby

I realise that most of you will have no interest in this but this is mainly for those of us in the USA. I just read this article... http://www.rugbymag.com/news/colleges/collegemen/possible-collegiate-rsl-has-ripple-effect.aspx Is this for real? Where do they expect to get the money to pay...
  5. R

How many games?

I have been educationg a friend about rugby. Watching a 6th Nations match he asked me how many games a player played in a year. I don't really know so I thought I'd ask you guys. Take a player that plays International level rugby, say he plays 50% of his nation's matches. He also plays for a...
  6. R

Why so many resets?

I first became involved in rugby in 1972. I was heavily involved with the game as a player, ref or coach for some 30 years at which time I lost all contact with the game for some 6 years. In 2008 I subscribed to the Setanta channel and was amazed. (Keep in mind that what I am discussing here is...
  7. R

From the Boonies

Boy, am I glad to find this place. I had been involved in rugby from the early '70s untill '02. I played (local selects and club), reffed (B2 panel) and coached (highest level was territorial developmental side). At times doing all 3 at once (seasonally). On the rare occasion I might have been...