2015 RWC ticket prices

MiniRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Several crashes later.....
Eng v Wales - no tickets for category C or D left. Can I pay £430 for a pair....no
France v Ireland - no cat D. tried to look for cat C....CRASH
Looks like BBC for me

Son tried for Cat D Final - none left. Second mortgage being taken for £315 each category C.

Very disappointed.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
finally got through on my phone and bought mine -

QF1 : winner Pool B (ie South Africa) v Runner up of Pool A (england/wales/australia)

and ...

The Final !

:pepper:

who hoo.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Usual shambles from Ticketmaster.
This isn't a surprise to them, so there is no excuse for crashes or lack of server capacity.
They know how many people have registered and should expect them all to try on day one.
It baffles me why they keep getting these contracts, they have failed every time to deliver.....grrrrrrrrrrr

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Jeez, you're wealthy! When you get over here, can we meet up to discuss a few business projects I'm struggling to get the banks to fund?

Once in a lifetime trip with a rugby-mad teenager. Gotta grab these opportunities as & when they pop up.

Dan_A

Player or Coach
Post Likes
2 x opening game tickets succesfully purchased - Eng vs Fiji (probably) on the Friday evening. And with us being a local bus ride from Twickenham we can really make a night of it!

Mini P

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I was allocated a Semi Final ticket via my society. I logged on bang on time at 1pm. Spent 1 hr 45 mins in the queue and found the cheapest SF tickets gone. So had to resort to buying QF tickets within my small budget of £300

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I was allocated a Semi Final ticket via my society. I logged on bang on time at 1pm. Spent 1 hr 45 mins in the queue and found the cheapest SF tickets gone. So had to resort to buying QF tickets within my small budget of £300

Well done on getting the QFs tickets, I hope you get to see the teams you want as it unfolds.

A lot of folks had logged on well before the 1 pm opening, just like standing in a physical queue, so if you only joined at 1:00 pm you were a long way back in the queue.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done on getting the QFs tickets, I hope you get to see the teams you want as it unfolds.

A lot of folks had logged on well before the 1 pm opening, just like standing in a physical queue, so if you only joined at 1:00 pm you were a long way back in the queue.
So what did you get Simon?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
So what did you get Simon?

One or two tickets at various locations for a decent selection of matches.

With clients like Amlin and Specsavers, plus Marriott I am hopeful of being required to work on some match days too at HQ :biggrin:

I have already opened discussions with ITV ad sales management reminding them our UK agencies are approx 30% of their annual ad revenue, so possible invites there.

Relying on them or an RFU invite (ha ha as if !) for the Final.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
thank godness the RFU don't sell tickets on the open market to anyone who wants one, eh?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
One or two tickets at various locations for a decent selection of matches.

With clients like Amlin and Specsavers, plus Marriott I am hopeful of being required to work on some match days too at HQ :biggrin:

I have already opened discussions with ITV ad sales management reminding them our UK agencies are approx 30% of their annual ad revenue, so possible invites there.

Relying on them or an RFU invite (ha ha as if !) for the Final.

The train standing at platform 1 is the 09h00 Gravy Express calling at Twickenham, Wimbledon, Epsom, Silverstone.........buffet facilities are a huge trough in carriage H.

Enjoy the matches Simon :biggrin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
The train standing at platform 1 is the 09h00 Gravy Express calling at Twickenham, Wimbledon, Epsom, Silverstone.........buffet facilities are a huge trough in carriage H.

Enjoy the matches Simon :biggrin:

LLP - you missed the best of the lot - Henley (Regatta that is not the Hawks), Royal Ascot, the Lords Test match, Cowes Week, and the Festival of Speed at Goodwood.

Without the corporate hospitality, sponsorship or advertising revenue of our clients, and TV rights management, very few of these events would take place at the scale they do.

In RFUland much goes back into the community game (£23m) as corporate hospitality, TV rights and Sponsorship together are much higher streams than ticket sales and in effect subsidise the standard paying customer.

The RFU in FY 2012/13 had total HQ hospitality income of £37.5m (profit £5m) out of total income of £153m - Ticket Income was £33.9m, TV Rights £31.8m, plus Sponsorship £19.1m (those are top four RFU income streams).

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
are all of the seats at Twickenham reserved seats or is there still the old "first come" system of seating / terracing?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
are all of the seats at Twickenham reserved seats or is there still the old "first come" system of seating / terracing?

Dickie

Twickenham is now a fully enclosed modern 21 st century sports stadium designed to the highest standards and up there with the best. The main public parts are too stark for my taste being concrete, steel and plastic but other parts are to 5 star hotel standards - part of the South Stand is a 5 * hotel ! I think Wembley just shades it, but both are awesome sports arenas.

Everything is on a pre-allocated basis - the first come first served terraces stopped many many years ago. wow that brings back memories of the western stand terrace for me on Varsity match day.

There are two sets of limited self-selection seats - outside the hospitality boxes and for RFU Council members, past players, etc area by the "inner sanctum" (jason always gets the seat he wants apparently).

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
LLP - you missed the best of the lot - Henley (Regatta that is not the Hawks), Royal Ascot, the Lords Test match, Cowes Week, and the Festival of Speed at Goodwood.

Without the corporate hospitality, sponsorship or advertising revenue of our clients, and TV rights management, very few of these events would take place at the scale they do.

In RFUland much goes back into the community game (£23m) as corporate hospitality, TV rights and Sponsorship together are much higher streams than ticket sales and in effect subsidise the standard paying customer.

The RFU in FY 2012/13 had total HQ hospitality income of £37.5m (profit £5m) out of total income of £153m - Ticket Income was £33.9m, TV Rights £31.8m, plus Sponsorship £19.1m (those are top four RFU income streams).

You're no fun!:biggrin:

You always reply to my little jibes with well considered & informative stuff.

You'll snap one of these day!

RuggerFan

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The tickets are rather expensive, but then again, this RWC has to make up both for the 2011's RWC reduced income and for the 2019's RWC reduced income, so it's no surprise they are priced this way. Anyway, they'll still probably hit their targets anyway.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
The tickets are rather expensive, but then again, this RWC has to make up both for the 2011's RWC reduced income and for the 2019's RWC reduced income, so it's no surprise they are priced this way. Anyway, they'll still probably hit their targets anyway.

Why should it?

If income generation is so important , why award it to those countries that can't produce the revenues , surely they should be 'stand alone' and priced accordingly? ....if you want the tourno, you pay!

Or perhaps they can't fully support it because a significant proportion send their wages back to their families living in their country !!!

: - ) '

Last edited:

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I would think gate revenue is minor in comparison to TV rights and sponsorships?