2015 RWC ticket prices

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Hang on. What's this "personal guests" business? My understanding from sources deep within the RFU (ie you) was that if the name 'Dickie E' wasn't printed on the ticket then Dickie E didn't get in.

FYI
I had tickets for the 6N through my ref society, each ticket had our RS secretary's name on it, he keeps a record of distribution list as he's the person they were issued to.
Even then, I bought x4 and my guests all had their own names : )

Q?, if a ticket bought on 'general sale' to a non ruggarbugger ends up being touted then are RWC going to keep the buyers name on a banned list to use at future RWCs? I doubt it

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I've applied for SA v Samoa. 2 teams I wouldn't normally watch play each other, cheaper and less travel. Just as good. If successful I'm in Samoa's corner!

Like the sight of blood/re-arranged ribcages, do you?

(Sorry to resurrect.)

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
The question is a good one - if I were to buy tickets through my club for my 19 year-old son and his rugby-mad girlfriend as a gift, would anyone be in violation of ticketing policy if they used them even though they were bought at face value and never resold? I suspect this would indeed be a violation of ticketing policy - though only likely to bite me or my club on the bum if my son and his party behave badly.

I would like to do exactly that for one particular game - purchase two tickets through my club and give them, as a gift, to my son and a friend of his.

I have checked with my club: their view is that they have no problem with it, but they are unsure whether it is technically a violation of the T&C.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Hang on. What's this "personal guests" business? My understanding from sources deep within the RFU (ie you) was that if the name 'Dickie E' wasn't printed on the ticket then Dickie E didn't get in.

Dickie - I am not either a RFU employee nor on RFU Council, so am not a "source deep within the RFU". I am a Society Committee member and a CB VP and as such had full advance access to the tortuous explanations of the Community ticketing process. I have also as a Society Chairman been through a ticketing conditions breach, and most unpleasant it was.

My name would have been on past 6N tickets as Society Chairman (duh) but as I haven't bought any for three seasons it should have been changed to the current incumbent.

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I woud hope that the "gift" scenario would be acceptable even if strictly against regs. Presumably its difficult to actually phrase the reg to remove touting but allow "gifts" or "acting as an agent" *( ie I buy four tickets for me and three mates), so its made the way it is with a "blind eye" turned to the gift/agent scenario.

didds

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Dickie - I am not either a RFU employee nor on RFU Council, so am not a "source deep within the RFU". I am a Society Committee member and a CB VP and as such had full advance access to the tortuous explanations of the Community ticketing process. I have also as a Society Chairman been through a ticketing conditions breach, and most unpleasant it was.

My name would have been on past 6N tickets as Society Chairman (duh) but as I haven't bought any for three seasons it should have been changed to the current incumbent.

when I buy four tickets to a RWC game I am expecting to find my name on all four tickets (surely the RWC aren't going to ask me to name precisely which or my friends will come with me?)

so it's established that a person can go to a game with someone else's name on the ticket.
the key thing is whether I am personally required to occupy one of the four seats.

I am not planning to tout any tickets but the two plausible scenarios I am thinking about are these:

1) I buy two tickets for a game and give them both to my son to go with a friend. The friend pays me the face value

2)
I buy two tickets for a QF3 and meanwhile Simon is lucky enough to get two tickets for QF4.
England and Wales both qualify from the pool (hurray!) but into the 'wrong' QF
So Simon and I swap our tickets.

both of those seem to me to be entirely within the spirit of the RFU policy - but do they contravene the T&C and would they lead to Simon and I getting our clubs/societies into deep doo doo, my whistle being confiscated and Simon being stripped of his blazer?

It's a genuine question .

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Like the sight of blood/re-arranged ribcages, do you?

(Sorry to resurrect.)

I can see England play every year, I like watching these two teams and wouldn't normally see them play in the NH, and I expect it to be a good contest

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am going for the second cheapest.
I bet that's what EVERYONE will be going for.

I have 1 Twickenham game from my club and 1 Twickenham game from society.

even with my second-cheapest strategy I have warned my bank I am maxing out my credit card :)

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
if anyone isn't there already - head off to the tickets website and join the on-line queue for the system to open at 13.00

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
11 minutes to go :bday:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I am going for the second cheapest.
I bet that's what EVERYONE will be going for.

Not at all - the higher the price the less the demand :)

Could be interesting as I have matches via Society, Club and CB. Could be a more expensive few minutes than letting Mrs T loose at the Irish horse sales last year.

a minute to go and so off from here - will my laptop, credit card or Ticketmaster web site melt down first ?

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've got the 'you're in a queue' page with a wait time of 30-60 mins -

Anyone else further along?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit wait time now 0-30 mins....

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
must not refresh the page
must not refresh the page...

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
ah an update!

'you are held in a queue, please wait for Simon Thomas to complete his purchases. Estimated wait time : 15 mins'

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Been in the queue for an hour, and this 0-30 minutes has been more like 60....