Dear America....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
Simon & Phil, you are being unkind to a person suffering from a rare manifestation of Tourette's Syndrom expressed as an uncontrollable urge to submit incoherent posts to Rugby Refs.

Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Replace "Rugby Refs" with "Twitter" and you could be talking about another American!

DocY, thank you for backing me, but your opinion please.

As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
As a medical professional, do you believe that mental illness should be subject of a joke?

I too thought it was funny, but your twitter reference reminded of a presidential candidate mocking a disabled reporter. ChrisR, I retract my compliment of your humour.

I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.

I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I don't think my opinion of what should be considered a joke should carry more weight than anyone else's.

Huh, I guess I thought you would have equal sympathy for the tourette's patients as a patient suffering from paralysis, and neither should be used in a joke. Your addition of the "twitter" comment suggests you use tourette's in your repertoire.

I really don't think ChrisR's comment is comparable to Trump mocking a disabled reporter, though.

It is the same tactic, the degree of its rudeness doesn't make them comparable. Do you differentiate one event as worse than the other?

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

You need to get off your high horse.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
NKW, does it make any difference that as an early teen I'd repeatedly scrunch up my eyes. I knew the cause was stress, just didn't know it as Tourette's. By late teens it went away.

You need to get off your high horse.

My vocal was throat clearing, gone by 18

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
As one lion said to the other: "**** me, more fake gnus"

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
We sent Ariana and Katy to help eliminate ISIS. Canada sent Justin, and Australia sent Fergie.

Who did UK send to the One Love concert?

Liam took them all on.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Liam took them all on.

There's nothing scares ISIS more than a Manc in an orange cagoule.

I'm not sure how much of the event is/was down to Ariana Grande but I thought she came through the whole thing well - she's only a bairn herself. I though Justin Bieber was going to "God it up" too much but luckily he wound his neck in just in time.

Other than sitting asking my son "who's that then?" every few minutes I quite enjoyed it and thought the event was a credit to the City and the performers especially done against the backdrop of the events in London less than 24 hours before. Not good.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
There's nothing scares ISIS more than a Manc in an orange cagoule.

I'm not sure how much of the event is/was down to Ariana Grande but I thought she came through the whole thing well - she's only a bairn herself. I though Justin Bieber was going to "God it up" too much but luckily he wound his neck in just in time.

Other than sitting asking my son "who's that then?" every few minutes I quite enjoyed it and thought the event was a credit to the City and the performers especially done against the backdrop of the events in London less than 24 hours before. Not good.
Avid readers of Popbitch (available free from any internet) will know that Grande's manager is very very well connected in his field and could get (for example, Bieber) at fairly short notice.

Let us not forget the crowd who made the almost-ultimate sacrifice of listening to Coldplay. I'm not normally a fan, but starting with a James intro was a classy move.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Avid readers of Popbitch (available free from any internet) will know that Grande's manager is very very well connected in his field and could get (for example, Bieber) at fairly short notice.

Let us not forget the crowd who made the almost-ultimate sacrifice of listening to Coldplay. I'm not normally a fan, but starting with a James intro was a classy move.

Huh, I would have had you pegged for an adult male over age 30.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
isn;t that called democracy though? rightly or wrongly?

The PCC [1] electoral turnout in these parts is about 17%. We can draw our own conclusions as to why that may be - but it still means the bloke winning it with 8 votes (well, not really LOL) still becomes PCC and receives 70K pa.

didds

[1] http://www.apccs.police.uk/role-of-the-pcc/

Status
Not open for further replies.