Dear America....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
some US school's also push creationism over evolution...

didds

Google search/ Yes 2 states allow creationism to be taught in public schools, and there are private schools that do receive federal funding that can also. BOTH states voted for Trump. ONE state has a Republican governor. the other a DEM.

I do suspect there are private schools that teach creationism, that may fall under that freedom or liberty malarkey.

Your statement is vague and misleading without even a note of evidence. It is no more factual than some US schools also push evolution over creationism.

You sir, are a neanderthal.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Google search/ Yes 2 states allow creationism to be taught in public schools, and there are private schools that do receive federal funding that can also. BOTH states voted for Trump. ONE state has a Republican governor. the other a DEM.

I do suspect there are private schools that teach creationism, that may fall under that freedom or liberty malarkey.

Your statement is vague and misleading without even a note of evidence. It is no more factual than some US schools also push evolution over creationism.

You sir, are a neanderthal.

A more detailed search shows that you are being economical with the verite:
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ed_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
A more detailed search shows that you are being economical with the verite:
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ed_where_tax_money_supports_alternatives.html

Yep, that is map I used also. Amazing how you and I interpret differently. Just shows how our indoctrinations differed.

I found no info that public schools teach creationism OVER evolution. Private schools may and may do whatever they want.

I'm sure you know The Slate is a liberal publication/site. The wording of article certainly shows a bias. Do you see it?, or am

I a lying neanderthal.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I found no info that public schools teach creationism OVER evolution. Private schools may and may do whatever they want.

Teaching them as scientifically equivalent, or even accounting creationism under scientific hypotheses, is fundamentally wrong-headed and a waste of funding (and time) for science education. Guided evolution is a just-so story, not a testable hypothesis.

Creationism as abiogenesis is suited to theology (or a case study in philosophy) - as are many other abiogenetic theories mooted as "scientific".

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Guys, Guys, what if some new referee comes here seeking guidance on the scientific validity of assisted evolution? Let's not confuse him..

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
When you lot miss your spot in Valhalla you'll be sorry then

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I've got my 72 virgins. Bugger Valhalla.

didds

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Honnêtement, if you lived in France the problem would be the opposite. i.e. How to stop your spellchecker autocorrecting everything into French.

@DocY. vérité parallele, perhaps.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Neither of us knows any billionaires or million million aires or millards.

So I ask you you know any wanna be billionaires? If yes, have they indicated in any way that are not interested on closing the door on growing inequalities.

Can you also identify for me the two of these inequalities?

:pepper: Take your pick Stanford Edu publication on the subject.

Stanford? why not Cal Berkley ? you have got to be messing with me.

It is a 2011 article with some 2004 data. It is from Stanford. It is from the Stanford Inequality and Poverty Center?

If this data and report were current and it wasn't from Stanford, I see no evidence that wanna be millionaires are less concerned with growing inequalities as you stated in agreement with OB.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
:sarc: I agree.
Since wanna be Billionaires are going to be less willing to close the door on growing inequalities.

This statement is prejudice against wanna be billionaires.

I would like to be a billionaire or million million.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Stanford? why not Cal Berkley ? you have got to be messing with me.

It is a 2011 article with some 2004 data. It is from Stanford. It is from the Stanford Inequality and Poverty Center?

If this data and report were current and it wasn't from Stanford, I see no evidence that wanna be millionaires are less concerned with growing inequalities as you stated in agreement with OB.
Now you are being irrational, most folks are wannabe millionaires at heart, and still manage to concern themselves with growing inequalities. There is a radical difference between such folks and wannabe billionaires.
The latter have been it a position to actually do something about the growing inequalities and instead prefer to increase their wealth. It strikes me, as a "pull up the ladder, Jack, I'm in!" mentality. Not convinced by the actions of Zuckerberg nor Mr. Apple, such fondations strike me as tax-dodges more than a genuine intention to end World poverty

Those who reached a thousand Million First, realised they would never make $#000,000,000,0000 in this lifetime and so lowered the bar, so to speak. Calling 1,000million a billion has not eased their longing for more, it would appear. I googled an answer to you request for two examples, if Cal Berkeley had shown up I would happily have posted their study. Should you find a link for the Cal Berkeley Inequality and Poverty Center, i would be delighted.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
What the f**k have you done! :shrug:

I guess we are gonna try to do these things,

1. build a pipeline from US supplied/built steel with Canada

2. build a wall

3. stop visa issuance from 7 muslins countries for 30 days

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine

5. shut down ProRugby USA

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I guess we are gonna try to do these things,

1. build a pipeline from US supplied/built steel with Canada to enable Canada to sell stuff to China

2. build a wall and somehow magically get them to pay for it

3. stop visa issuance from 7 muslins countries for 30 days, very few of whom have committed any kind of atrocity in recent memory. (You may want to check your cloth ears on that)

4. stop payment of 200 million to Palestine because who the hell needs a two state solution?

5. shut down ProRugby USA We don need no help with that

Some expansion on your answers

Status
Not open for further replies.