Fed up ...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Higways Engineer :confused:

You mean you dig holes in the road :rolleyes:

Yes we do - although the roads seem to manage it by themselves nowadays.

Your jokes about cobbles are closer to home than you realised.:biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Yes we do - although the roads seem to manage it by themselves nowadays.

Well you should be filling them in then, instead of leaning on your shovel, scratching your head :rolleyes:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
(And, if we could (by which I mean "if we had enough referees"), we'd extend our cover down to U13, so we can always find something for a beginner.)
While referee availability is obviously a very significant factor, I wonder whether a Society blessed with a surfeit of referees would, in fact, appoint to U13? There are two sides to this equation - demand and supply. While supply is limited, the demand side is rarely considered. But would a club with A and B team games at U.13, U.15 and a colts game really be prepared to fork out about £100-150 very week in Society fees rather than get a club ref in for free?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
While referee availability is obviously a very significant factor, I wonder whether a Society blessed with a surfeit of referees would, in fact, appoint to U13? There are two sides to this equation - demand and supply. While supply is limited, the demand side is rarely considered. But would a club with A and B team games at U.13, U.15 and a colts game really be prepared to fork out about £100-150 very week in Society fees rather than get a club ref in for free?

A good point. I reckon in general we would do it ourselves for free - the club is strapped for cash and just couldn't pay; we could have a whip round amongst our own parents .. but TBH it's hard enough gettig them to fork out for the post-match chips :mad:

However every once in a while we WOULD like the chance of a Soc Ref.. eg we have a league decider coming up soon, and for that it would be good (and prestigious for the boys, they would feel it marked the occasion) hmmm, perhaps I'll take a pot and ask the Society if they have anyone who fancies it..

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes

Clubs don't have to ask for referees for most junior matches and while some in our region always provide club refs, others like to ask.

Looking at this Sunday's list I can see 2 U14 matches had appointments and 1 U13.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
there you go fixed it for you

I did think of putting:

Scratching your head / arse / bollocks **

** delete as appropriate

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and practice my multiple quote skills.

Well you should be filling them in then, instead of leaning on your shovel, scratching your head

Piss off!:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil E
Well you should be filling them in then, instead of leaning on your shovel, scratching your ARSE

Piss off!:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBFG

I did think of putting:

Scratching your head / arse / bollocks **

** delete as appropriate

And finally piss off!:biggrin:

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
some more y'day. Colts match. local derby. but there is no excuse for the constant dissent and then abuse.....

another red card !

spikeno10

Player or Coach
Post Likes
I would suggest you get your society to address your report as a matter of urgency. They should report to your CB disciplinary committee and said abuser should be called into face the charges.
If this is a club based issue the club should also be called.
The discipline committee has the powers to make an example and get the word out about this. But it needs to be dealt with quickly.

We had an opposition player red carded last week. I had a call on the Monday morning from their youth chair asking for the referee's report which we duly sent by the ref. Player (and coach) called in on the Wednesday and player received 6 week ban.

Again there are clubs who do take this seriously.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Again there are clubs who do take this seriously.

indeed there are. for example, when ex-lucy reffed my club's colts a couple of seasons ago i don't think he had any problems whatsoever. having had me referee them on many occasions over the years, they were well used to a crap ref :biggrin: :wink: :p