Handles

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
.... You'll then have teams that will sew it up a bit more so it's not quite as flappy as others, which then leads to more complaints. What if they run out of that type of shirt, does that mean uncontested scrums? if it is wet, perhaps teams making there patch damp with some sort of lubricant to remove ability to hold... I like the theory, but I'm not sure of it's practice in a real competitive game.
At the higher levels, it can't make things worse than they are now though surely?

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
If we could get them designed then we could maybe trial them in a small tournament, something like the 6 nations maybe !

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
I've had a quick play with Photoshop. How about this?

I'm serious by the way.

rugby-scrum2.jpg

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
perhaps you could have a similar patch on the flankers' backs

How's my binding?
To correct poor, or non existent binding
simply ATP at the next three scrums​

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
From Andy Scott: "Its amazing thats 2 quick PKs and 2 yellow cards sorts out the scrum collapses without changing the shirts for baggy ones, for patches, just works, crazy isnt it.
Go hard on the scrum early doors and follow up warnings, watch how well it improves"

I don't agree Andy. That just ups the gamesmanship in the front row.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Not really a prop won't piss about if he is on a yellow, just in case ;-)

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Downsides are, poorly fitted shirts at junior or lower reaches of the game, you'd struggle to explain someone who's hands were on the target area, but the shirt was twisted oversized etc.......... but i kind of agree with the general intention here

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Not really a prop won't piss about if he is on a yellow, just in case ;-)

Look forward to reading the report of your game on saturday then... We all now know that you will have no problems at scrum time this year, I think you will be the only one !!:pepper:

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Not the sort of management approach that will get you onto Group.................

Works for me, but I don't think the lad has got the balls, All smoke and mirrors me thinks:shrug: