Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
maybe they've read Brian's article?

didds

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I am not sure about the report system.
It sounds like sour grapes from a coach who had a player put in the bin and went on to lose.

If you put that tackle on report - you also have to put Banahan's tackle on report. Though you still Red card the punch that followed.

In life there are always going to be cards given that stand, a very few that get rescinded and ones that get missed.
Coaches need to learn to live with this and shut up.

Camquin

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Some may argue, that perhaps Polota-Nau charged in with his shoulder only. It's debatable.

He did.

We nee to get away from "Tip Tackle" ites. The Shoulder charge on Shane was not a tip tackle,bit it was dangerous. The LI tackle is dangerous not a tip tackle but the outcome is the same.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
Quick question. Was there a TMO available? Should the ref have referred it upstairs? (Bearing in mind how often the TMO was brought in for foul play in the Bath v Tigers game!).

Or was - as I suspect - there no need because the ref and AR had both seen what they were happy with as being a tip tackle and they were in agreement on the sanction?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
He got 5 weeks. I'm guessing that referring it to a TMO wouldn't have added any value.

Ref saw it, spoke with the AR, and went with what he saw. No need to involve the TMO in that situation, surely

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Game was not televised so TMO review protocol was not available.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
jacko, when you say the game wasn't televised, you mean it wasn't broadcast live? Because, obviously, it was filmed ?!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
jacko, when you say the game wasn't televised, you mean it wasn't broadcast live? Because, obviously, it was filmed ?!

In Super League there is no Video Ref unless Sky are there.

Perhaps this is the same? No TV - no TMO.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
In Super League there is no Video Ref unless Sky are there.

Perhaps this is the same? No TV - no TMO.

Perhaps that's it. Seems a bit weird if you ask me - you have the infrastructure in place to record the game (I believe you can get full game highlights on certain packages, right?) but only if the game is broadcast somewhere live will the TMO be in place?

All very confusing!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Perhaps that's it. Seems a bit weird if you ask me - you have the infrastructure in place to record the game (I believe you can get full game highlights on certain packages, right?) but only if the game is broadcast somewhere live will the TMO be in place?

All very confusing!

If its anything like football, there are around 7 cameras in fixed positions, for a highlights game.
For a full TV game there are around 23, which would obviously give a TMO a lot more angles.

With a highlights package there will be several angles not covered.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
can't wait to see what that was all about and why Gareth overturned the decision.