New penalty positioning

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
That is referring to Law 10.4 (n) (Misconduct while ball is out of play) and is a direct quote from the 2015 Law Book.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
That is referring to Law 10.4 (n) (Misconduct while ball is out of play) and is a direct quote from the 2015 Law Book.

And has been law for a number of years.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Mmmm agree that link Lawson has put on is a bit mis-leading when looked at in isolation, but agree with the posts above that's for PK's off the field.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Not heard anything about this in Warwickshire.

Anyone else other than Hampshire been told?

No Hampshire have not been told, no Hampshire are not applying any of the next season's or this season's law trials (as defined by posts to above), and I read it that the in 15m sanction is applying to only off field offences (as it always has) - so some misinterpretation perhaps.

In Lawson's defence he is on Guernsey, so "overseas", and so like the Jersey and many Isle of Wight members, not able to attend monthly Society Meetings.

I was not aware that Army are involved in any trials (thanks CHBG) and now understand why Mr Voss picked up one of our L8s in the report for incorrect law re ELV foot in touch whilst catching kick deemed to have taken it into touch, referee applied current law. This was a L7 Corps match Royal Engineers v Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers last Wednesday.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was not aware that Army are involved in any trials (thanks CHBG) and now understand why Mr Voss picked up one of our L8s in the report for incorrect law re ELV foot in touch whilst catching kick deemed to have taken it into touch, referee applied current law. This was a L7 Corps match Royal Engineers v Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers last Wednesday.

did the players notice? are they aware they are playing to ELVs ?
sounds like perhaps they are not :)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
In Lawson's defence he is on Guernsey, so "overseas", and so like the Jersey and many Isle of Wight members, not able to attend monthly Society Meetings.

merely a suggestion... could such members just be on a conference call for such meetings?

didds

lawsons

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Ah gotcha. Will spread it around Guernsey. We all got the wrong impression and thought it applied to all penalties !!

lawsons

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Mind having just reread the attachment, it never mentioned it only applied to section n, which would have made a big difference so not going to be too hard on myself !

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Agreed, it required some detective work to identify why it referred to "same as for sections 110.4 (a) -(m)".

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7

did the players notice? are they aware they are playing to ELVs ?
sounds like perhaps they are not :)

Referees were told Friday 25th, with some confusion on the scope, as it was issued in a different document (hence my comment about World Rugby and RFU having a different perspective); suspect agreed at the AGM that week.

Since these are Representative teams, formed from personnel from many different units / clubs, their coaches would not have much time to understand and communicate the changes. They had not been available, or even mentioned, at the Corps Festival on 16th.

MM has my sympathies; one of the ARs does not have much experience: sod's law was that it occurred on his side!

The relevant trial is:

d) Change the Law so that a player who is in touch who catches or picks up a ball that has not reached the plane of touch is deemed to have taken the ball into touch.