[Golden Oldies] Nigel Owens on inclusive rugby.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
So, 'stick a fork in him/her - he/she is done' cannot be racist to Hillary because she it white, or this phrase is a well known figure of speech that cannot ever be misinterpreted intentionally.

You're twisting things... again, as usual.

Tom says "she's a corrupt bitch" about Hilary Clinton.
The next week, Jack says "she's a corrupt bitch" about Senator Kamala Harris.

Does "she's a corrupt bitch" now become a racist term, and is Jack a racist, simply because his target is a person of colour?

If you believe so, then its obvious you think directing ANY criticism at ANY person of colour, for ANY reason makes the criticism and the critic racist! Have a think about the implications of that!

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Is he wrong?
Simmons is considered Australia's highest paid athlete after reportedly signing a $242 million contract with his NBA team.
Sounds like the time the guy refused to sell a handbag to Oprah Winfrey. (She’s coloured, she obviously can’t afford this bag mentality.)
Here in France your not allowed into Niteclubs if you have tracksuit bottoms on. Seems innocent enough, but excludes most of the residents of certain less desirable quarters. If the occasional rich kid turns up in tracksuit bottoms, the rules tend to be overlooked. Sure the bouncers are looking to make their lives easier, keeping out elements that might likely cause trouble. But that can lead to bias in the selection process. Hidden racism, is still racism. Many of the local football, basketball and ice hockey teams, go out on the town in tracksuits. How often do they get racially profiled?, despite earning good wages by local standards.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
You're twisting things... again, as usual.

of course I am, but why? Mine twist is obvious, but I'm trying to get you to realize yours, not necessarily about your view gun control or a use of the phrase such as 'stick a fork in him'. But your approach to IF. You are allowing your disdain to affect credibility

Tom says "she's a corrupt bitch" about Hilary Clinton.
The next week, Jack says "she's a corrupt bitch" about Senator Kamala Harris.

Does "she's a corrupt bitch" now become a racist term, and is Jack a racist, simply because his target is a person of colour?

It is becoming that way in US, primarily by US media twisting the truth to fit their goals.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/racism-alert-32-democrats-say-white-pols-cant-crit/

If you believe so, then its obvious you think directing ANY criticism at ANY person of colour, for ANY reason makes the criticism and the critic racist! Have a think about the implications of that! I agree with you, but it is with what we are dealing when it comes to twisting

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

"[Crown's] internal security policy requires our security officers to check identification of those persons they believe to be under the age of 25,"

This is not at all unusual. Both the local bars I frequent here ask for ID if you are not known to them and they think you look under 25.

The local supermarkets even have a sign on all their checkouts that say precisely that. I believe that happens in the UK as well.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Is he wrong?

Probably. First he claims he wasn't let in due to his enthnicity then claims he wasn't let in cos he was wearing camouflage pants. Then it turns out he was let in. Then he posts on insta then takes it down. Then it turns out he might be trying to breathe some life into a racial doco that he is promoting.

I'd humbly suggest that the chap is self-serving.

Or maybe he's just one of those people (colloquially, and somewhat disparagingly, referred to as "snowflakes") who are always looking for ways to be offended.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Is he wrong?

Hard to say. This is like a TMO only having one angle to judge a try. We will never know the version from the involved Crown security guards. In the US, when a second version comes out it is post hysteria and hardly reported. This could easily range anywhere from racial profiling or just poor customer skills by security.

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
It MIGHT be, and I'd defer making any definitive statements without actually reading the handed down judgement - reporters aren't always great at getting the nuance of decisions right.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Ruling ominous for Folau
An employer has the right to expect staff to toe the company line on the internet.
Looks like the article is behind a paywall.

Jurisprudence may well be against Folau though.
Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences

[LAWS]If an individual employee is urging a breaking of the law, or defaming or vilifying a person or group on the basis of skin colour, religion or ethnicity, then of course an employer can take action against that employee. To not do so is to sanction that breach of the law.[/LAWS]Why doesn’t IF just man up? Rhetorical question, he clearly isn’t capable of manning up. All brawn, no brains, definition : Having great physical strength but lacking mental acuity. He simply hasn’t got the intelligence to put his hand up and say he was wrong. A lifetime of being obedient (submissive more like) first to his parents now to his wife. When will he ever grow up and be a man?

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Sounds like the Roar see this result as a premonition of things to come.
Australia 47 - 26 New Zealand
You have to go back to Sydney, 1999, for an equivalent points margin of 21 points when Rod Macqueen’s side defeated the All Blacks 28 – 7 at Sydney. Macqueen’s 1999 Wallabies went on, famously, to win the 1999 Rugby World Cup tournament in a convincing manner.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Meanwhile Folau has now taken down his Instagram account.

Which is odd : as I understand it, that was what RA asked for in return for which he could keep his job, and he refused .

Arabcheif

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
@Cross ref, I've not got a subscription to that website. Whats the case and i'll google it.