Where are you this weekend? 2013-14

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
perhaps TJs could wave their flags around a bit to signal that a kick wasn't over?

:biggrin:

richie

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
national ladies cup match, standard is quite good these days. Lots of cakes and sambos after, much more civilised than the men:love::love:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
much more civilised than the men:love::love:
Really? I was in a clubhouse a while back de-briefing a referee when the ladies in the bar next door started singing The Engineer's Wheel. (Or perhaps that is included in your definition of civilised?)

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Really? I was in a clubhouse a while back de-briefing a referee when the ladies in the bar next door started singing The Engineer's Wheel. (Or perhaps that is included in your definition of civilised?)

I refereed Birmingham Uni Ladies againt Cambridge Uni Ladies the other year and after the tunnel etc at the end the BU team went back on the pitch, formed a circle and began to sing a song about masturbation and fornication. Didn't get an invite to shower with them however!

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Saturday - Cambridge Uni college game (Robinson v Downing) which will be a decent standard and most enjoyable to ref.
Sunday - EC Colts match Shelford v Wymondam

So that'll keep me moving. Oh! And a round of golf Saturday a.m. just to get some exercise.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Busy week this week for games, yesterday through in the West of Glasgow for my first CS fixture, Navy (Scotland) v Royal Marines on a pitch with more in common with the Somme than a rugby field. 44-0 to the Marines.

Sat is an U18 semi final of the cup comp - should be a good fast paced game with the away team having to negoiate an early morning 160 mile bus journey down from Inverness.

Sun is a top of the table Ladies Premier game, Murrayfield Wanderers v Hillhead Jordanhill on the 4G, bonus is clean boots on Sunday!

richie

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
oh dear..:frown::frown::frown: id blame their parents:knuppel2::knuppel2::knuppel2:

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
L6 2nd XV cup match this week. Neither teams have a 1st XV fixture (L5 & L6 respectively) so I wonder how unadulterated the 2nd teams will be?

In addition to my Saturday match, above, for which I have an assessor, on Sunday I'm AR2 for Cheshire U20s-North Mids U20s. L5 Ref, AR1 is an RFU AR. Should be a good , fast game of rugby and I hope to learn loads from both of them.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Pontypridd v Edinburgh Accies for me in the B&I. Hopefully Accies will at least be competitive - the Scottish sides have really struggled this year apart from Ayr who pulled off an excellent win against Ulster.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
national ladies cup match, standard is quite good these days. Lots of cakes and sambos after, much more civilised than the men:love::love:

I'd suggest that the reference to sambos in Richie's post is a clear indicator that all may not have been utterly civilised in his location on the day too.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Pontypridd v Edinburgh Accies for me in the B&I. Hopefully Accies will at least be competitive - the Scottish sides have really struggled this year apart from Ayr who pulled off an excellent win against Ulster.

Jacko, in last week's rounds of B&I, the majority of the Scottish teams were bolstered heavily by the "pro's" from Edinburgh and Glasgow, no announcements as of yet of teams for this week though. Accies had 6 forwards released to them so hopefully if similar this week then potentially a contest.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
in my two games last weekend (what is the chance of this happening twice in a weekend) in both cases the TJ who thought it missed did the 'it missed' wave. This was very helpful to me as I could see that it was a disagreement, not just a case of one TJ not watching.

In the Saturday game IMO it was a miss. I spoke to both captains to make sure they were aware of my decision, no confusion.
In the Sunday game IMO it was over. Again I quickly spoke to both captains - and both coaches this time as they were kids.

In the clubhouse the TJ who had kept his flag down -- for his own team's conversion as it transpired -- was given muppet of the day and suitable forfeit :)

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Dinnington vs. Bridlington. L7 Yorkshire 1 League match.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Watch out for that John Dudley!

(In before LLP)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Watch out for that John Dudley!

(In before LLP)

Eeeeek!

View attachment 2773

John did some scrum work with the YRS at our annual refs meeting a couple of years ago. He is very knowledgeable although a little intimidating when you first meet him. He has the deepest voice I've ever come across. I'm glad I was never good enough to play against him.

Last edited:

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Charity game.jpg Less scary in this one!

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I had about a 45 minute chat with him after the game I did, nice guy and agree, very knowledgeable

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Fab. See you there. You gonna stay and watch?

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Saturday game location now changed due to water logged pitches - now on the artificial at Murrayfield. U18's so best get my after burners out!