Where are you this weekend? 2014/15

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Gib barracks isn't Guildford buddy. It's at Blackwater
oh and Bisto

on Wombels Defence. He is a mature referee. He just can't drink.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
This week I have an AR and a 4th appointment for the Navy tomorrow.
RE v REME at Gibraltar Barracks (Guildford, not The Rock).

Long way to bring you down for an appointment on the Surrey / Hampshire borders - what's wrong with all the matelot's in Portsmouth :) and especially our co-members.

The barracks are at Camberley / Blackwater, not Guildford.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Long way to bring you down for an appointment on the Surrey / Hampshire borders - what's wrong with all the matelot's in Portsmouth :) and especially our co-members.

The barracks are at Camberley / Blackwater, not Guildford.

Well it's a Guildford Postcode, but yes Blackwater.

There are two games on one day, and I fancied a day out and meeting up with some of the other RNRURS guys, so I volunteered.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
You did WHAT?
volun........... Huh?..........

RE have always been strong.
I've got Colne rugby Acadamy v West Suffolk college in Colchester tomorrow.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Gibraltar Barracks? Now that brings back memories :horse:

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Saturday - Wigan 3 v Rochdale 3
Sunday - Preston Women v Altrincham Women

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Just off to do a schools u15 match 1hr away , appointment sec must've caught me in a good mood ...why why why did I say yes ?!?!!

Having a weekend off, travelling to Cornwall to play golf with 15 x-ruggar mates instead, hotel cider and a shed full of banter, last chance to use clubs before winter weather arrives me thinks

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
assigned to 2nd XV that - I find, now I check their website - have played only one game this season, at which they fielded just 12 players.

my game has cancellation written all over it :-(

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Oh I remember those days well. First ever level 10 game I was given (on my birthday), I was v excited, turned up there were 22 players in total! So I rang re-appointments guys who said there were no more games but suggested going to a L5 match not far away and offer to run touch, which I did. However they'd kicked off early so as to watch the 6N match. So I drove to the club closest to my house parked the car and got of the pi$$ for the rest of the day :shrug:

Ovey

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
There are two games on one day, and I fancied a day out and meeting up with some of the other RNRURS guys, so I volunteered.

I was asked to do that one Phil, but unfortunately work requires my presence that day! It would have been a good day. Good luck, and enjoy!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
on the plus side -- once I had started checking websites, I find that my last game was a first: the very first time my game has had match report on the web :) Or at least the first one I have found.
I am even in the picture.
Reading the match report I was pleased - (but at the same time disappointed!) - to find that I am unmentioned.

Meanwhile the home club have just confirmed my game on Saturday :)

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I was asked to do that one Phil, but unfortunately work requires my presence that day! It would have been a good day. Good luck, and enjoy!
Sweet heavens above...... There's more of you?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I cmd+F the match report for ref and see if it's there. If not, happy days:pepper:
on the plus side -- once I had started checking websites, I find that my last game was a first: the very first time my game has had match report on the web :) Or at least the first one I have found.
I am even in the picture.
Reading the match report I was pleased - (but at the same time disappointed!) - to find that I am unmentioned.

Meanwhile the home club have just confirmed my game on Saturday :)

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
I would actually like a game on a Saturday. Mine might be called off because Wigan aren't sure they can put 3 teams out. :mad:

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Off to Eccles this weekend. Keeping the mrs happy by dropping her at the Trafford Centre. Could be dangerous.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Saturday I have a L8 league game with a local team who have a certain reputation for robust forward play!!

Following a good report last Saturday at L8, my L8 this Saturday has just been changed to a L7 :biggrin:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

You'll learn that this is not a bad thing, no mention means you didn't ***k anything up :wink: (in the view of the reporter anyway)

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Wigan have just cancelled on me. 2 Saturday cancellations in a row. This is successful!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Just off to do a schools u15 match 1hr away , appointment sec must've caught me in a good mood ...why why why did I say yes ?!?!!

Having a weekend off, travelling to Cornwall to play golf with 15 x-ruggar mates instead, hotel cider and a shed full of banter, last chance to use clubs before winter weather arrives me thinks

Damn, wintery weather seems to have arrived , waterproofs packed ...hope the hotel has a log fire.

Yesterdays U15 game turned out to be u14, my ref blog reads ... 70 mins to get there , match prep, 25 mins each way, cold and v.wet , got home almost 5 hours after leaving, which certainly tests the 'benefits the kids' mindset.

One major plus was how the winning capt managed his players , maturity sometimes missing in older players!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
WombleRef, dont listen to anybody who says about maturity and age.

/QUOTE]

I'm sure the subject of maturity was ( sarcastically!) raised by Wombleref, not anyone else.

The rest of us were commenting on the ' inappropriate' practice of referee levelling, before his introduction of the maturity word

My best advice is, if you're concerned at a miss-match, then encourage the coach's to level the game in one of their many ways available.