Where are you this weekend? 2018/19

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
An early Thursday appointment for me.
Egremont v Aspatria 2 L 8 Cumbria league.. Train ride and watch the final game with a few beers, happy days!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Either in front a TV all Saturday afternoon or more likelky at hospital visiting my mum (wondering what the bloody score is!)

didds

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Good luck! Any thoughts on what you're going to have to be sharp on, or are you going to take it as it comes?

Not one for the purists! Terrible weather in the North East, most games off waterlogged but mine was on, but rained throughout, windy too. Both teams spending too much time on the ground and hands everywhere, penalty count reflected that in the second half as didn’t respond to my warning at half time.

Assessor was happy and positive all things considered, only so much I can do, and an unpredictable game, 0-12 to Houghton (the L8 team).

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
My match yesterday (men play on Sundays here) had four players who are also refs at my level or higher. One at scrum half too... I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually really helpful because they managed their players, called them back 10, (generally) agreed with my calls and explained a couple of tricky points to their teammates in the stoppages. Referees: not as bad when playing as I'd feared :)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Saturdays game was called off....Sundays Juniors all called off.

Down to Milton Keynes Wednesday night (weather forecast good at the moment) for the Semi Final of the RAF Cup. RAF Benson v RAF Marham...Navy exchange TO3.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
This Saturday

L12

Hemsworth II v Wortley

:biggrin:

We get dropped down every 3rd or 4th game as there aren't enough level 7/8 to go round.
It can be quite an eye opener sometimes with the things they do that have you going WTF just happened!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
We get dropped down every 3rd or 4th game as there aren't enough level 7/8 to go round.
It can be quite an eye opener sometimes with the things they do that have you going WTF just happened!

Indeed. It's always a different challenge.

"Who've you got next week sir?"

"L7 v L7"

"Oh!?"

They never say what they're thinking :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend.

Yorkshire 1 - L7

Bradford Salem v Dinnington

Hands up who likes scrums?

Last league game of year for me. No appointment on 6th and off to Ireland week after.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
L10 (I think) Candy League Cup Final on Friday night - Hartlepool Rovers 2s vs Stockton 2s, two decent teams - would it be cynical of me to suggest that they may be somewhat strengthened as it's Friday night game and a cup final :chin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
L10 (I think) Candy League Cup Final on Friday night - Hartlepool Rovers 2s vs Stockton 2s, two decent teams - would it be cynical of me to suggest that they may be somewhat strengthened as it's Friday night game and a cup final :chin:

Hartlepool must provide half the teams in that competition - I've never come across such a relatively small place having so many clubs.

Up the monkey hangers!

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hartlepool must provide half the teams in that competition - I've never come across such a relatively small place having so many clubs.

Up the monkey hangers!

It's true, I've a full house this season as well;

- West Hartlepool
- Hartlepool Rovers
- Hartlepool Old Boys
- TDSOB
- BBOB
- Seaton Carew (stretching it, but close!)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
It's true, I've a full house this season as well;

- West Hartlepool
- Hartlepool Rovers
- Hartlepool Old Boys
- TDSOB
- BBOB
- Seaton Carew (stretching it, but close!)

Thank God Hartlepool Athletic folded.

Hartlepool Athletic - now there was a misnomer if ever there was one :biggrin:

I did Wests pre-season at Beverley - that was a good game.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend.

Yorkshire 1 - L7

Bradford Salem v Dinnington

Hands up who likes scrums?

Last league game of year for me. No appointment on 6th and off to Ireland week after.

:knuppel2: that's going to be a messy one :eek:) Had the pleasure of Bradford Saleem a few seasons back, in weather conditions I hadn't experienced since the Falkland Islands!!

For my sins - in addition to the midweek Cup Games - I have Midlands 2 East (South)

Bugbrooke -v- Olney

6th in the League plays top